Keeping up with the offers/visits

9 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Grad transfer, sit one to play one, or immediately eligible? 

That's a good question because he had a very unorthodox path.

He actually enrolled at New Mexico St in the spring semester of 2017 so technically he redshirted that year.

After Paul Weir and assistant Mark Hsu left (Hsu is now at W. Kentucky and Figueroa was to visit there yesterday), Figueroa ended up at Odessa JUCO where he was an All-American.  He then ended up at St Johns.

Worst case scenario is that he ends up somewhere and has to sit out one to play one.

Best case is that he can immediately play somewhere for two years.

I suppose it's possible he could have a waiver for the first redshirt year and thus can play two but still has to sit out one.

14 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

That's a good question because he had a very unorthodox path.

He actually enrolled at New Mexico St in the spring semester of 2017 so technically he redshirted that year.

After Paul Weir and assistant Mark Hsu left (Hsu is now at W. Kentucky and Figueroa was to visit there yesterday), Figueroa ended up at Odessa JUCO where he was an All-American.  He then ended up at St Johns.

Worst case scenario is that he ends up somewhere and has to sit out one to play one.

Best case is that he can immediately play somewhere for two years.

I suppose it's possible he could have a waiver for the first redshirt year and thus can play two but still has to sit out one.

Washut just said he’s a sit one, play two guy.

25 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Wonder if he could get a waiver with Mullen leaving St Johns.

Worth noting is that we currently have 8 guys who are eligible next year. Sounds as if Hoiberg is comfortable with 10. It will be interesting to see how hard they pursue eligibility for some of these guys. They have already said they like 2-3 guys sitting out a year.

33 minutes ago, khoock said:

Worth noting is that we currently have 8 guys who are eligible next year. Sounds as if Hoiberg is comfortable with 10. It will be interesting to see how hard they pursue eligibility for some of these guys. They have already said they like 2-3 guys sitting out a year.

Good point.  Makes you wonder how we are prioritizing certain recruits.   

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 11:42 AM, royalfan said:

Got to spend about an hour talking to Gallegos and pitchford after the nw game at Buffalo Wild Wings that tourney year.  He was in a miserable slump.  Gave him a nice pep talk and told him to keep shooting.  Went out and had a huge game at Indiana the next game.  A game that we desperately needed.  I guess what I am trying to say is that I deserve a lot of the credit for us dancing that year:) Very nice low key guy. Odd pairing with pitchford for sure. 

Had to complete the emoji string, now you have one of each non negative feedback

58 minutes ago, big red22 said:

Can someone show me where Kenny Blackshear Jr. Expressed interest?  I think he needs to be priority #1 if he is legitimately expressing interest!

Expressed interest = There is a tweet that says we contacted them.

It's generally safe to say that until a guy schedules a trip here it's mostly ado about nothing.

3 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

This weekend, I want 3 commits:

1. Cam Mack

2. Jayce Johnson

and

3. Kevin Cross, or

4. Ivan Drago

Of the last two, my slight preference based on what I've seen would be Cross.

I would want Banton #2 behind Mack. I think he’s exactly the type of guy that excels at a high level in a Hoiberg, positionless, system. Then Johnson and Cross for good measures. 

37 minutes ago, TheKamdyMan said:

I would want Banton #2 behind Mack. I think he’s exactly the type of guy that excels at a high level in a Hoiberg, positionless, system. Then Johnson and Cross for good measures. 

I'm in the same boat. I REALLY like Banton. Think taking a year off for his body and shooting will go A LONG way for him. 

2 hours ago, thrasher31 said:

I'm in the same boat. I REALLY like Banton. Think taking a year off for his body and shooting will go A LONG way for him. 

He was originally a 2019 recruit who reclassified to 2018. Sitting out a season will get him back in line with the original plan he was on with a year of play and a development year under his belt.