Chris Cresswell

Eric Piatkowski

Tom Wald

Troy Piatkowski

Brian Conklin

Andrew Drevo

Paul Velander

Matt Karn

Well, some of them missed a lot more shots than we would like...And at least one of the Pike's was pretty athletic.

So, it's been a decade since we've had one, then?

1 hour ago, JBARGIE said:

3 visits locked in for this weekend (and working on a 4th):

Jayce Johnson - SR C

Cam Mack - SO PG

Yvan Ouedruago - FR SF/PF

Recruiting at all three levels:

1. Short-term help: Jayce Johnson - SR C
  2. Three-year help: Cam Mack - SO PG
  3. Long-term project: Yvan Ouedruago - FR SF/PF

LOCK. THEM. UP. (Totally apolitical and completely metaphorical, of course.)

Edited by jayschool

For some reason, I really like the French kid. He's aggressive and plays with some attitude.  That really matters, especially for your big men inside.  And, while he could use some polish, he's not devoid of skill either.  He showed some really nice things in that highlight video I posted.

He's very young and is probably still growing.  He could wind up 6'8" and his frame suggests he could hold some weight.  He might or might not need a redshirt year.  Be interesting to see if he can develop a jumper.  We've offered, so the coaching staff must have seen enough to believe he can help us out long term.

26 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

For some reason, I really like the French kid. He's aggressive and plays with some attitude.  That really matters, especially for your big men inside.  And, while he could use some polish, he's not devoid of skill either.  He showed some really nice things in that highlight video I posted.

He's very young and is probably still growing.  He could wind up 6'8" and his frame suggests he could hold some weight.  He might or might not need a redshirt year.  Be interesting to see if he can develop a jumper.  We've offered, so the coaching staff must have seen enough to believe he can help us out long term.

His game, size, style of play is what I would have expected Leslee Smith to have looked like with good knees. 

57 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Rey Gallegos was a total player, in all phases of the game. I'd have taken a Rey Gallegos last season, no question.

Im not saying he wasn't a good player. Its just funny that his name comes up in discussions about some of the best recent shooters we have had. When in reality he wasnt a great or even good 3 point shooter for most of his career.

Got to spend about an hour talking to Gallegos and pitchford after the nw game at Buffalo Wild Wings that tourney year.  He was in a miserable slump.  Gave him a nice pep talk and told him to keep shooting.  Went out and had a huge game at Indiana the next game.  A game that we desperately needed.  I guess what I am trying to say is that I deserve a lot of the credit for us dancing that year:) Very nice low key guy. Odd pairing with pitchford for sure. 

Mack, Johnson and Ivan Drago visiting this weekend. I'd take all three.

If we got all three, you'd have to start thinking we'd have a chance to field a pretty complete roster for next year and not necessarily feel like it's the inevitable throw-away, transition year.

With Mack, we'd have a hell of a backcourt.  Johnson and another front court player, and we'd at least have some pieces to work with.

12 minutes ago, royalfan said:

Got to spend about an hour talking to Gallegos and pitchford after the nw game at Buffalo Wild Wings that tourney year.  He was in a miserable slump.  Gave him a nice pep talk and told him to keep shooting.  Went out and had a huge game at Indiana the next game.  A game that we desperately needed.  I guess what I am trying to say is that I deserve a lot of the credit for us dancing that year:) Very nice low key guy. Odd pairing with pitchford for sure. 

Pitchford's DD?

28 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Mack, Johnson and Ivan Drago visiting this weekend. I'd take all three.

If we got all three, you'd have to start thinking we'd have a chance to field a pretty complete roster for next year and not necessarily feel like it's the inevitable throw-away, transition year.

With Mack, we'd have a hell of a backcourt.  Johnson and another front court player, and we'd at least have some pieces to work with.

to be honest, i'm pretty much at the point where next year doesn't at all feel like a throwaway year

that's not saying we don't need some of those guys to be really good...

Edited by kleitus

13 hours ago, royalfan said:

At least somebody was keeping an eye out for Pitch.

Good work, Rey. ?