2019 C Grad Transfer Jayce Johnson -> Marquette

hhcmatt

4 minutes ago, khoock said:

Oregon, Arizona St, and Washington all made it. And all three won atleast 1 tourney game.

I guess I stopped paying attention to bracketology after the huskers starting going ⬇️⬇️⬇️ I'm assuming then that Utah would have been an NIT team comparable to us right? I guess they decided "Head coach Larry Krystkowiak told the media after that game that Utah will not seek a tournament berth outside the NCAA or NIT."

Edited by cjbowbros

1 minute ago, cjbowbros said:

I guess I stopped paying attention to bracketology after the huskers starting going ⬇️⬇️⬇️ I'm assuming then that Utah would have been an NIT team comparable to us right?

Thats probably a fair comparison.

He's not a highly skilled offensive player but wants a bigger role offensively. Those 3 ppg might not be big to us but could be a big deal to him. Just a thought I was floating around.

3 minutes ago, khoock said:

Those 3 ppg might not be big to us but could be a big deal to him. Just a thought I was floating around.

That makes since too. One day, hopefully in the not so distant future, I believe that we will be able to get a big man without telling him "all our big men suck/actually we don't have any" but that day still has not come.

3 minutes ago, cjbowbros said:

That makes since too. One day, hopefully in the not so distant future, I believe that we will be able to get a big man without telling him "all our big men suck/actually we don't have any" but that day still has not come.

I wonder if we will be recruiting many more big men like Jayce Johnson. Seems like we will see more Roby/Copeland like front courts in the future.

But I also think Hoiberg is smart enough to know the value of versatile 7'0 250lbs centers. The only problem is they are so rare. He will snag em when he can. But i dont think we use to many scholarships on traditional C body types.

2 hours ago, khoock said:

I wonder if we will be recruiting many more big men like Jayce Johnson. Seems like we will see more Roby/Copeland like front courts in the future.

But I also think Hoiberg is smart enough to know the value of versatile 7'0 250lbs centers. The only problem is they are so rare. He will snag em when he can. But i dont think we use to many scholarships on traditional C body types.

That’s kind of the way I understand it too. 

3 hours ago, khoock said:

If he can mess up Matt Haarms' hair, I'll be satisfied.

53 minutes ago, Red Don said:

It's nice to know that if we are casting covetous eyes on a player, someone else starts to want them too, for a change..

This one puzzles me. They have both Ed morrow and Theo John already. Johnson would be getting 10-20 minutes a game presumably. Whereas here he could be getting 25-30.