2019 PF Yvan Ouedraogo - LOI

This is huge news - B1G ready type size and, at only 17, still plenty of room to grow and improve. I love this young man's game - not a shooter, but he'll do the dirty work underneath and have a smile on his face about it.

Call it a hunch, but this staff doesn't appear to be messing around.

Have to think we're now out on Cross. I imagine we're now looking for 1 sit-out transfer, 1 grad transfer inside player and then either a sit-out or grad transfer to take Roby's spot once he makes his decision. I don't see us taking another high school player this late in the process, not with who we're in on for '20. 

Edited by throwback

5 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I’ve said since the beginning I really like this kid. And that’s when they said he’s 6-7. If he’s a legit 6-9, holy smokes. I don’t know what the coaches think, but he’s young enough to redshirt but physically built enough to play right away. Love this pickup.

He’s doing the bizarro Kevin Cross.  The shorter Kevin gets, the bigger Ivan Drago gets.  At this rate I hope Kevin is 6’0” by week’s end.

15 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I’ve said since the beginning I really like this kid. And that’s when they said he’s 6-7. If he’s a legit 6-9, holy smokes. I don’t know what the coaches think, but he’s young enough to redshirt but physically built enough to play right away. Love this pickup.

He was measured at 6’8 with a 7’ wingspan on his visit at Nebraska

On 4/19/2019 at 1:58 PM, Norm Peterson said:

I'll be honest, I like this French kid.

On 4/19/2019 at 2:00 PM, Norm Peterson said:

I heard that we talked him into coming for a visit before committing elsewhere.

I really like what I see on video.

Just to be clear, @Norm Peterson called dibs three weeks ago.  Norm likes the French kid!

8 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

In shoes or not?

Not for sure, my guess is in shoes. But it’s all relative, right? When Shavon Shields was going through pre-draft workouts, he was measured at 6’5” without shoes and just under 6’7” with shoes, and we had him listed as 6’7” on our roster. 

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 4:53 PM, khoock said:

If this is true, and physically he can play right away, it could be a big factor in getting Roby to return. That is if Roby is still undecided and really paying attention to the roster Hoiberg is assembling.

I doubt this will have any impact on whether Roby returns or not.  Bottom line is that Roby's draft status will dictate on if he returns or not.  Roby already knows the value he can bring if he returns.  Keep in mind that Roby also doesn't have a relationship with any of these players so that isn't working in our favor for him to return also. 

2 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

I doubt this will have any impact on whether Roby returns or not.  Bottom line is that Roby's draft status will dictate on if he returns or not.  Roby already knows the value he can bring if he returns.  Keep in mind that Roby also doesn't have a relationship with any of these players so that isn't working in our favor for him to return also. 

Thor and Burke would be the only 2.