2019 PF Yvan Ouedraogo - LOI

6 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Thor doesn't have the frame, the wingspan or the ups.  This kid gets in position and launches.

And then can go either left or right.

What I meant by this is that, once he gets an offensive rebound, he's able to go back up with it by either going to his left or to his right.  He appears very adept, in fact, at going to his left.  But he's also strong going to his right.  Very intriguing player.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:54 PM, Norm Peterson said:

Another interesting thing that stands out to me in this video.  Starting at about the 1:45 point, you see his team entering the ball into the post.  He draws a lot of attention when they dump the ball to him in the post.  I saw double teams, triple teams, even 4 guys trying to collapse on him. And he was still able to score against them or, alternatively, was able to find guys to pass to on the perimeter for open treys.  He's reasonably good passing out of the post.  He's reasonably good scoring inside against defense.  Good enough and strong enough inside that he's able to draw double (and sometimes triple) teams.  Not bad.

34 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Per google translate: 

"And navy the boss trips to remake instead of going to Omaha I will find myself in Chicago but what life"

I assume this means he's stuck in Chicago.  I also assume Google Translate could be improved.

1 minute ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

With only one actual scholarship open now, gotta wonder if it’s a first come first serve situation. I think another 1-2 spots might still open and with the guys we are in on, I hope so.

I am not as high on this dude as others but we need a bruiser down low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We made his top 3.  Before we got involved, I think he was considering 3 high majors.  Granted, he's not being pursued by Kentucky or Kansas.  But the other programs are both P5 programs.  It's not like his only other offer is Presbyterian College or Texas Southern.

Even if he redshirts to develop and acclimate to the American game (he's only just turned 17), I think there's a lot to like about him.  And I'd rather have him redshirting than developing in a Prep School environment.

I think it's a good offer; I'd be happy to have him.

18 minutes ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

With only one actual scholarship open now, gotta wonder if it’s a first come first serve situation. I think another 1-2 spots might still open and with the guys we are in on, I hope so.

I am not as high on this dude as others but we need a bruiser down low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we have more than one scholarship available...