Question for the Husker insiders....

The issue i see with the OP with replacing our current players with newer ones (besides the pretty obvious likelihood we will likely not land many if not all of the names listed) is the logistics of putting a team on the court this year if you want to fill it up with players from 2020. Any of the guys that one thinks could transfer this year could just as easily transfer next year.

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

The issue i see with the OP with replacing our current players with newer ones (besides the pretty obvious likelihood we will likely not land many if not all of the names listed) is the logistics of putting a team on the court this year if you want to fill it up with players from 2020. Any of the guys that one thinks could transfer this year could just as easily transfer next year.

My thoughts as well.

A player typically transfer after two years in a program (atleast thats how it seems). Amir, Brady, and KD would all fit that mold next year. As for Thor, he is a little different bc he has the ties overseas and could make the jump whenever.

I could very well see all three to four of them staying and trying Hoiberg out for a year. And if it isnt a fit on their part or Hoibergs they could leave after the season. Hoiberg wants 10 guys eligible and right now we have 9 (including Roby).

2 hours ago, khoock said:

My thoughts as well.

A player typically transfer after two years in a program (atleast thats how it seems). Amir, Brady, and KD would all fit that mold next year. As for Thor, he is a little different bc he has the ties overseas and could make the jump whenever.

I could very well see all three to four of them staying and trying Hoiberg out for a year. And if it isnt a fit on their part or Hoibergs they could leave after the season. Hoiberg wants 10 guys eligible and right now we have 9 (including Roby).

Nebraska's had some guy(s) transfer after 1 year within the past five seasons. Tarin Smith is one in particular.