2019 SG Matej Kavas (Grad Transfer) - LOI

jayschool

4 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Sure it will because Krampelj ain't gonna be drafted and will that kid who is always playing at the rec center and still sits in the student section.

So he will just have to do it from the stands!

Was Krampel J invited to the NBA Draft Combine? Because if he wasn't, I don't think that rule about not being drafted applies to him.

Big Ten player comp: Nathan Taphorn

Would come off the bench and annoy the crap out of you, because all he did was shoot threes and it seemed like he never missed. 6'8", high release and didn't need much, if any, space to get his shot off. Stand-still, spot up shooter. 47% from downtown for Northwestern's tournament team. 

Edited by millerhusker

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, JBARGIE said:

As much as I hate to say it, I think a great comp is Ethan Wragge.  He played for the wrong team but that kid could shoot (also 47% from three his senior year)

The problem with this comp is Wragge had 20-25 pounds on him.

• hhcmatt unpinned this topic
  • 5 months later...
2 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Might have seen the last of him.  Like giving his minutes to Arop.  Arop has more to gain from minutes this year and moving forward for our team.

Minutes to Arop has been a long-time coming, in my mind. I thought Akol fought hard to play solid D, at least. He'll get better & better, and with a prolonged losing streak, there's no reason to trot out Kavas, his time has come & gone....

7 hours ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

I know hindsight is 20/20-

But I wonder what we would look like as a team with Brady as a sophomore and without Kavas. Brady has better size, length, and upside- you can’t teach 6-11.

He would still need to pack on some weight but we would have a shot blocker at the very least...

He would probably still get abused some nights but I’d be interested to see cross not having to play defense on opposing fives every night.  He’s by far the best freshman I can remember us having in my decade of following this team.

15 hours ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

I know hindsight is 20/20-

But I wonder what we would look like as a team with Brady as a sophomore and without Kavas. Brady has better size, length, and upside- you can’t teach 6-11.

He would still need to pack on some weight but we would have a shot blocker at the very least...

Brady would be way better than Yvan this year.  I like Yvan’s long term potential but it is clear he is not ready at the present.