2019 Juco Cam Mack - LOI

hhcmatt

• hhcmatt changed the title to 2019 Juco Cam Mack - LOI
  • 1 month later...

NBA Draft player comp: Ja Morant

A true point guard who can create for himself and his teammates. Dynamic playmaker and plays with attitude. Lanky and may need to bulk up a bit. Quick first step, ball handling and court vision are high-level. Can zip accurate passes with either hand off the dribble. Will finish above the rim in transition and in the half-court. Shot is a work in progress. 

1 hour ago, millerhusker said:

NBA Draft player comp: Ja Morant

A true point guard who can create for himself and his teammates. Dynamic playmaker and plays with attitude. Lanky and may need to bulk up a bit. Quick first step, ball handling and court vision are high-level. Can zip accurate passes with either hand off the dribble. Will finish above the rim in transition and in the half-court. Shot is a work in progress. 

That's a pretty good comparison.

• 1 month later...
  • hhcmatt unpinned this topic
  • 3 months later...
On 4/18/2019 at 4:09 PM, hhcmatt said:

Two potential caveats to Mack

1. Outside shot might be questionable. 33.7% from 3 and 64.6% from the FT lane. I don't think he needs to be elite from the outside to be elite here, btw

2. Might be hard to handle off the court. The buzz on him when you search the internet is that he's hard to handle. Given our staff's reputation for handling hard to handle, it might not be an issue if there is anything to this.

oh

• 3 months later...
On 4/18/2019 at 4:09 PM, hhcmatt said:

Two potential caveats to Mack

1. Outside shot might be questionable. 33.7% from 3 and 64.6% from the FT lane. I don't think he needs to be elite from the outside to be elite here, btw

2. Might be hard to handle off the court. The buzz on him when you search the internet is that he's hard to handle. Given our staff's reputation for handling hard to handle, it might not be an issue if there is anything to this.

On 12/8/2019 at 11:59 AM, hhcmatt said:

oh

7 minutes ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Wonder how mack is gonna handle this because if he waits around for the draft process to finish and wrap up then their might not be a spot for him on a college team he is interested in.

I believe he's completed his third year of college so if he ends up at a less than idea spot he would be able to finish up his degree and grad transfer. 

The guy can ball so something will come up.

On 4/6/2020 at 11:54 AM, hhcmatt said:

I believe he's completed his third year of college so if he ends up at a less than idea spot he would be able to finish up his degree and grad transfer. 

The guy can ball so something will come up.

He didn’t even finish the first semester at Stephen F Austin before leaving. Went home the rest of the year, then was at Salt Lake CC for one year before coming here. So he’s completed 2 years of college. Might be able to get a waiver due to his mom’s health issues. Regardless, I’d be surprised if he plays another college basketball game.