2019 Juco Cam Mack - LOI

hhcmatt

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2019/apr/23/point-guard-mack-has-arkansas-among-his-potential-/

According to this Mack cancelled his visit to A&M. He "may" set up a visit to Arkansas but right now Nebraska is his only visit he has set up and he wants to make a commitment around May 11th.

Lookin kinda good here.

14 minutes ago, Blackshirt83 said:

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2019/apr/23/point-guard-mack-has-arkansas-among-his-potential-/

According to this Mack cancelled his visit to A&M. He "may" set up a visit to Arkansas but right now Nebraska is his only visit he has set up and he wants to make a commitment around May 11th.

Lookin kinda good here.

Good find.  This does sound very promising.  It makes it sound like Nebraska is at the top of his list of one school! 

4 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

From what the wisecrackers say on the radio, his buddy Jervay will go along way towards closing the deal. Someone asked the last time we had 3 guards with this kind of firepower, how bout Boone, Lue, Strickland?

I only “follow” recruiting through this board, and I haven’t watched film on any of those we’re discussing herein. Lue was a first-round draft pick, and he and Strickland had 10+ year NBA careers. Do these guys seriously have that kind of fire power??

9 minutes ago, nebrasketball10 said:

Lue was a first-round draft pick, and he and Strickland had 10+ year NBA careers. Do these guys seriously have that kind of fire power??

1995-96 has to be one of our most-talented teams ever:  Strickland was a senior, Lue a freshman, Mikki Moore, Terrance Badget, Venson Hamilton, etc.

17 minutes ago, nebrasketball10 said:

I only “follow” recruiting through this board, and I haven’t watched film on any of those we’re discussing herein. Lue was a first-round draft pick, and he and Strickland had 10+ year NBA careers. Do these guys seriously have that kind of fire power??

The previous staff thought Green had NBA potential.

13 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

1995-96 has to be one of our most-talented teams ever:  Strickland was a senior, Lue a freshman, Mikki Moore, Terrance Badget, Venson Hamilton, etc.

Don't forget Bernard Garner.  He and Lue were the only two that didn't participate in the walkout.  If I had a say, Garner would have his jersey raised next to Lue's.  Character counts.

1 hour ago, cipsucks said:

Don't forget Bernard Garner.  He and Lue were the only two that didn't participate in the walkout.  If I had a say, Garner would have his jersey raised next to Lue's.  Character counts.

Also wasn't  Bernard's dad like a sheriff?. If I remember a story Bernard told about the walk out, Bernard called home to tell his dad something about a walkout and his dad said okay but how are you going to pay for school then?  And then hung up, I think Bernard got the idea.. Don't know if he was going to walk but I think he "saw" the light and went.

But yeah Cip It still  shows guts to show up and practice.

Edited by Silverbacked1

3 hours ago, nebrasketball10 said:

Obviously if Burke, Green & Mack ( if he commits) are HALF as good as that trio we’ll be in high cotton. I’m just excited to see a team that pulls up on the break to drain 3’s and let’s their shooters shoot!

10 hours ago, nebrasketball10 said:

Handy Johnson's question doesn't imply that these three are equal to Lue, Strickland, and Boone. The question is just asking when was the last time we had a greater than or equal to backcourt.

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/plus/nebraska-recruit-cam-mack-resembles-a-transformative-player-fred-hoiberg/article_5e230d3e-2c82-5b5d-a1d1-3668cda57c00.html

Behind the pay wall, but the main idea - Mack reminds his current coach of former Cyclone and current Nugget Monte Morris - Mack is a great scorer, but he's even better when he can be more of a distributor.

Just my own humble opinion, but I think we'd take that. 

14 minutes ago, throwback said:

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/plus/nebraska-recruit-cam-mack-resembles-a-transformative-player-fred-hoiberg/article_5e230d3e-2c82-5b5d-a1d1-3668cda57c00.html

Behind the pay wall, but the main idea - Mack reminds his current coach of former Cyclone and current Nugget Monte Morris - Mack is a great scorer, but he's even better when he can be more of a distributor.

Just my own humble opinion, but I think we'd take that. 

I meant to post this yesterday but forgot.

Thats a pretty good selling point to Cam Mack. Oh you want to get to the NBA? Let me show you my man Monte Morris. He's a little busy rn playing playoff bball.

Same size and similar skill set. I think we lock up Cam Mack within a few days of his visit.

3 hours ago, HuskerActuary said:

Handy Johnson's question doesn't imply that these three are equal to Lue, Strickland, and Boone. The question is just asking when was the last time we had a greater than or equal to backcourt.

Very true. I was just trying to get an idea of how we think they compare (or IF we think they compare). 

Trying to think of what backcourt would’ve been the best between then and now...

15 hours ago, cipsucks said:

Bernard Garner is still playing professional basketball in France. He's 41. Built like a rock! And he was in Omaha for Easter...

Edited by AuroranHusker

1 hour ago, jason2486 said:

Or Jaron Boone!

I was sitting court side for the ‘95 NIT game vs Penn St. Some kid yelled “C’mon Boone” when he was right in front of us. Jaron stopped his dribble, turned his head, and gave the kid the “Stink Eye.” Maybe the only time I’ve ever seen a player do that...

2 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

I was sitting court side for the ‘95 NIT game vs Penn St. Some kid yelled “C’mon Boone” when he was right in front of us. Jaron stopped his dribble, turned his head, and gave the kid the “Stink Eye.” Maybe the only time I’ve ever seen a player do that...

I can remember Beau Reid taking the ball out on an OB play and a guy from the stands yelled "follow your shot Beau."  Reid turned to him, said "F you" and in bounded the ball.