The Celebritory Cip Contest

cipsucks

We're in the golden years of Nebraska Basketball.  Trust me, we are. It's similar to when King Solomon reigned in Jerusalem.  There was so much gold in town, silver was worthless.  ?

I want to do another contest to celebrate our lives right now as Husker basketball fans.  The winner gets a case (12) bags of Lucky Beef Jerky.  But, I want your guys input on what the contest should be.  I have two cut-off dates:   Deadline for contest ideas, April 23rd.  Deadline for contest submissions, May 15th.   The winner of the contest idea (I'm the judge), gets 4 bags of jerky.

Can't wait to see the contest ideas!   

GBR!

24 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

We're in the golden years of Nebraska Basketball.  Trust me, we are. It's similar to when King Solomon reigned in Jerusalem.  There was so much gold in town, silver was worthless. ?

I want to do another contest to celebrate our lives right now as Husker basketball fans.  The winner gets a case (12) bags of Lucky Beef Jerky.  But, I want your guys input on what the contest should be.  I have two cut-off dates:   Deadline for contest ideas, April 23rd.  Deadline for contest submissions, May 15th.   The winner of the contest idea (I'm the judge), gets 4 bags of jerky.

Can't wait to see the contest ideas!   

GBR!

That hurts.?

I was thinking along the same lines Cip!

Since we are moving into an era with a strong offensive coach who I believe will have a positive impact on our team’s ability to shoot a basketball, I am looking forward to the unveiling of our new offensive approach.  Here is my second contest idea:

Number of three pointers made in our regular season debut.

Tie breaker: number of three pointers attempted

(I would have said the player with the most three pointers but the whole board would have picked Jervay Green)

55 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

Great ideas!  Something to keep in mind; the longer we have to wait on the final outcome, the longer we have to wait to eat jerky.  Just sayin'...  ?

Yes, very good point!  Here's an idea for a modified HHC single game contest...How about for the first regular season game, predict the number of points for the following:

1)  # of points that all players new to Nebraska's roster for the 2019-2020 score (i.e. Burke wouldn't count here)

2)  # of points that returning players from the 2018-2019 roster score

You add up the difference between your pick and actual for both predictions and lowest total wins.

Tiebreaker - # of 3pt FG's attempted

13 hours ago, cipsucks said:

Great ideas!  Something to keep in mind; the longer we have to wait on the final outcome, the longer we have to wait to eat jerky.  Just sayin'...  ?

I think i speak for all of us, in that we love jerky. The contest is fantastic. but what if we just want jerky now? And your jerky! Is it possible to buy a lot wholesale? I guess I'm not aware of your history with jerky...do you make it, or do you just have a large stock year round?? So many burning questions :P

4 hours ago, HolyBobpilgrimage said:

I think i speak for all of us, in that we love jerky. The contest is fantastic. but what if we just want jerky now? And your jerky! Is it possible to buy a lot wholesale? I guess I'm not aware of your history with jerky...do you make it, or do you just have a large stock year round?? So many burning questions :P

https://www.nebraskastarbeef.com

https://shop.luckybeefjerky.com/slab-jerky/premium-slab-jerky-package.html

12 hours ago, HolyBobpilgrimage said:

We raise the cattle for the jerky.  No hormones, steroids or antibiotics from birth.  It's USDA Choice angus beef.  No MSG or any other nasty ass stuff added.  We always have plenty on hand.  BTW, the Huskers and more than 40 other D1 programs have our snack sticks on their training tables (as do the 49r's...). 

Anyone on this board can get wholesale pricing.  Just pm me.

5 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

We raise the cattle for the jerky.  No hormones, steroids or antibiotics from birth.  It's USDA Choice angus beef.  No MSG or any other nasty ass stuff added.  We always have plenty on hand.  BTW, the Huskers and more than 40 other D1 programs have our snack sticks on their training tables (as do the 49r's...). 

What no Madison Square Garden?

23 hours ago, cipsucks said:

The jerked beef is to kill for.

On 4/18/2019 at 5:05 PM, cipsucks said:

Damn if that's not amazing. The best local Nebraska product. Couldn't want to support this kind of thing more. thank you for everything, cip. We need more like you. I'll def look into it. Haha no wonder the demand is high on this forum for the jerky! Lol :) gbr

56 minutes ago, HolyBobpilgrimage said:

Damn if that's not amazing. The best local Nebraska product. Couldn't want to support this kind of thing more. thank you for everything, cip. We need more like you. I'll def look into it. Haha no wonder the demand is high on this forum for the jerky! Lol :) gbr

Don't even get us started on the salsa...