19-20 roster

3 hours ago, khoock said:

Just curious how it works since we are at 14 at the moment. For example do all the new signees have the 4 year scholarship since they were re/recruited by Hoiberg? Or if Roby comes back could he decide to cut one of his own recruits or would it have to be one of the players left over from Miles (Dachon or Thorir) to make room?

Also, does Hoiberg have the option to not renew Miles players scholarships at any point in their careers or is it if they get renewed then they are back on the "4 year gaurantee"?

I was wondering if you'd heard anything that would suggest we're dumping anyone.

Yeah, we're currently at 14, but that's gonna change at 12:01 a.m. on May 30 when Isaiah hasn't pulled his name from the draft.  He's gonna stay in the draft, he's gonna get drafted, we'll be back to 13, and that will be that.

Unless something changes.

Which it could.

:ph34r:

19 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I was wondering if you'd heard anything that would suggest we're dumping anyone.

Yeah, we're currently at 14, but that's gonna change at 12:01 a.m. on May 30 when Isaiah hasn't pulled his name from the draft.  He's gonna stay in the draft, he's gonna get drafted, we'll be back to 13, and that will be that.

Unless something changes.

Which it could.

:ph34r:

I agree, that is the most likely scenario. I was just curious as to how the rules work just incase it goes differently.

Charlie Easley has been added to Huskers.com

Did anyone notice that Stevenson is listed as a Junior?  If he doesn't get his waiver and starts mid-semester he is technically a sophomore.  Is the thought to bypass the second half of his sophomore year and just roll as a junior with 2 instead of 3 years left?

On 5/22/2019 at 1:42 PM, khoock said:

Or if Roby comes back could he decide to cut one of his own recruits or would it have to be one of the players left over from Miles (Dachon or Thorir) to make room? Also, does Hoiberg have the option to not renew Miles players scholarships at any point in their careers or is it if they get renewed then they are back on the "4 year gaurantee"?

Let's be honest... Hoiberg can flip this entire roster next May if he wanted.

4 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Did anyone notice that Stevenson is listed as a Junior?  If he doesn't get his waiver and starts mid-semester he is technically a sophomore.  Is the thought to bypass the second half of his sophomore year and just roll as a junior with 2 instead of 3 years left?

He's currently, technically, an end of the year transfer from Nevada who used up his sophomore year of eligibility by playing in 4 games last year.  With no waivers, he's ineligible next year and have two years left.  There's a good chance he will get a waiver to be eligible at semester, which would give him a year and a half of eligibility.  There is not as good a chance that he'll get a waiver so that last year counted as a redshirt year.  There's even less of a chance that he'll be eligible at the start of the season.

15 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

This is the arguement i was trying to make when discussing his eligibility. He had already played his sophomore year which therefore exhausted it (no matter the amount of minutes or what part of the year it was in).

Im not saying I was right bc I honestly still dont know ???. But my thought was that he would be a JR here and we would get try to him a waiver to be eligible his whole junior season and not just half of it.

Edited by khoock

1 hour ago, khoock said:

This is the arguement i was trying to make when discussing his eligibility. He had already played his sophomore year which therefore exhausted it (no matter the amount of minutes or what part of the year it was in).

Im not saying I was right bc I honestly still dont know ???. But my thought was that he would be a JR here and we would get try to him a waiver to be eligible his whole junior season and not just half of it.

That has been my interpretation:

• Waiver: Junior with two to play two, giving up his sophomore year (those four games at Pitt in fall 2018) to be immediately eligible at Nebraska
  • No waiver: Sophomore with 2.5 to play 2.5, beginning at the end of the first semester because he would have played 1.5 years and would have sat out two semesters.