7.  Karrington Davis, 6-6 G/F

8.  Isaiah Roby, 6-8 F

9.  Matej Kavas, 6-8 G/F

10.   Add Mack, 6-3 PG

11.  Add Johnson, 7-0 C

12.  Add Benton, 6-8 G

13.  Add Ouedrago, 6-7 PF

You need to make room for Cross.

This stuff is almost too much to keep up with.

Edited by Norm Peterson

Here's the thing about the 2019-2020 roster: Don't anyone on this board even TRY to tell us who you think is going to be starting and how many minutes each player is going to get.  About the only players I think are locks to start would be Mack at PG if he comes, and Roby if he stays.

Other than that, it's like Holy Moly, we've got transfers who did some really good things at the schools they left.  You could have a starting backcourt of Mack, Green, Burke. Or it could be Mack, Cheatham, Kavas. Or it could be Mack, Green, Burke, Cheatham, Kavas.

It's so wide open, I don't think any of us could possibly, credibly suggest what the starting lineup would look like, let alone estimate an allocation of minutes.

So, that annual thread? Don't even try this year.

3 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Go ahead and give it a shot if you want to. It's likely to be laughably, ridiculously off. More than usual.

I’ve never bothered with those threads anyway, so I certainly won’t be the one to start it this year. 

But for the guy who has repeatedly said in the past that he throws things out/starts threads just for the sake of discussion to tell the board not to start a thread where something will be discussed is...well...laughably ridiculous. 

Hell, this year more than most is worthy of the discussion. We knew pretty well who was going to start going into last year. The discussion was pretty much pointless. But this year? We’ve got no clue. Why wouldn’t the fine folks on this board want to speculate about who will start/play? There are legitimate questions this year. 

Would we get it right? Odds aren’t good. Would I participate in the thread? Probably not. Would the posters have fun speculating? I bet so. 

And I think it’s kind of funny that you basically started the discussion anyway with your lists of potential starting backcourts. 

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Here's the thing about the 2019-2020 roster: Don't anyone on this board even TRY to tell us who you think is going to be starting and how many minutes each player is going to get.  About the only players I think are locks to start would be Mack at PG if he comes, and Roby if he stays.

Other than that, it's like Holy Moly, we've got transfers who did some really good things at the schools they left.  You could have a starting backcourt of Mack, Green, Burke. Or it could be Mack, Cheatham, Kavas. Or it could be Mack, Green, Burke, Cheatham, Kavas.

It's so wide open, I don't think any of us could possibly, credibly suggest what the starting lineup would look like, let alone estimate an allocation of minutes.

I would argue that would make it even more fun to do.

Its not a very a fun thread when the all the pieces are solidified.

50 minutes ago, atskooc said:

I’ve never bothered with those threads anyway, so I certainly won’t be the one to start it this year. 

But for the guy who has repeatedly said in the past that he throws things out/starts threads just for the sake of discussion to tell the board not to start a thread where something will be discussed is...well...laughably ridiculous. 

Hell, this year more than most is worthy of the discussion. We knew pretty well who was going to start going into last year. The discussion was pretty much pointless. But this year? We’ve got no clue. Why wouldn’t the fine folks on this board want to speculate about who will start/play? There are legitimate questions this year. 

Would we get it right? Odds aren’t good. Would I participate in the thread? Probably not. Would the posters have fun speculating? I bet so. 

And I think it’s kind of funny that you basically started the discussion anyway with your lists of potential starting backcourts. 

Are you one of those guys who keeps that little black book of what things people said years ago to bring them up later?

Anyway, my point was that things are so wide open this coming season, it's going to be totally unpredictable until at least the Italy trip how lineups and rotations are going to shake out. You chose to interpret my comments in the least charitable way possible. I think you were just trying to be an asshole because it was me who said it. I don't think you would have reacted that way if it had been someone else. And that's OK; suit yourself.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

You could have a starting backcourt of Mack, Green, Burke. Or it could be Mack, Cheatham, Kavas. Or it could be Mack, Green, Burke, Cheatham, Kavas.

I don’t think kavas can guard back courts at a B10 level but I agree with your overall point. So many good players seem to be visiting every weekend 

Just now, B-town hoopsfan said:

I don’t think kavas can guard back courts at a B10 level but I agree with your overall point. So many good players seem to be visiting every weekend 

With Doc as our D-coordinator, you have to think we're going to play a lot of man, right?

I was thinking there's video of Hoiberg's offense from his Iowa State days, but probably not much on his defense. But then it dawned on me we probably know what the defense is going to look like because we watched in person for six years.

12 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Are you one of those guys who keeps that little black book of what things people said years ago to bring them up later?

Anyway, my point was that things are so wide open this coming season, it's going to be totally unpredictable until at least the Italy trip how lineups and rotations are going to shake out. You chose to interpret my comments in the least charitable way possible. I think you were just trying to be an asshole because it was me who said it. I don't think you would have reacted that way if it had been someone else. And that's OK; suit yourself.

I’m one of those guys? That’s rich! You’re the king of those guys. 

I interpreted it the way I did because you put it in all caps (which only made it seem even more ridiculous) that the board isn’t to even TRY to speculate about or discuss the lineup. 

On a Nebraska basketball message board, you suggested that people shouldn’t even TRY to discuss the potential starting lineup of the Nebraska basketball team. 

I suppose that leaves more time for talking about Creighton, then. 

1 minute ago, atskooc said:

I’m one of those guys? That’s rich! You’re the king of those guys. 

I interpreted it the way I did because you put it in all caps (which only made it seem even more ridiculous) that the board isn’t to even TRY to speculate about or discuss the lineup. 

On a Nebraska basketball message board, you suggested that people shouldn’t even TRY to discuss the potential starting lineup of the Nebraska basketball team. 

I suppose that leaves more time for talking about Creighton, then. 

Whatever. Enjoy your day.

Anyone know Hoibergs track record of RS immediately eligible players?

We all know he likes to have 2-3 ppl redshirting per season. The reason i ask this because I think Arop is a perfect RS candidate. He has the size, length, and athleticism that Hoiberg loves. Hoiberg has also said that he thinks Arop has a good foundation for his 3pt shot. Now this is just speculation, but i bet Hoiberg would love for Arop to spend a whole year on his shot and getting stronger. Not worrying about game planning and scouting reports. 

Not counting possible future attrition, say we snag Johnson, Mack, and the WKU kid. That gives us 12 eligible players. Throw Arop in as RS and we are closer to the number Hoiberg likes to play with.

1 hour ago, khoock said:

Anyone know Hoibergs track record of RS immediately eligible players?

We all know he likes to have 2-3 ppl redshirting per season. The reason i ask this because I think Arop is a perfect RS candidate. He has the size, length, and athleticism that Hoiberg loves. Hoiberg has also said that he thinks Arop has a good foundation for his 3pt shot. Now this is just speculation, but i bet Hoiberg would love for Arop to spend a whole year on his shot and getting stronger. Not worrying about game planning and scouting reports. 

Not counting possible future attrition, say we snag Johnson, Mack, and the WKU kid. That gives us 12 eligible players. Throw Arop in as RS and we are closer to the number Hoiberg likes to play with.

I was thinking something similar that if we got Johnson and one of the PFs (French guy or Cross), especially if Roby returned, that Heiman could benefit from a redshirt season.  Of course, maybe he's a guy you want to move through the system as quickly as possible.

Having trouble keeping up with this, but man that 99.99% group is getting better and better every day, one baller at a time. 

99.99%:

Dachon Burke, Guard, 6-4, Jr.

Jervay Green, Guard, 6-3, Jr. 

Akol Arop, Forward, 6-6, Fr.

Haanif Cheatham, Guard, 6-5, Sr.

Matej Kavas, Forward, 6-8, Sr. 

Cameron Mack, Guard, 6-2, So.

Most likely as of right now: 

Amir Harris, Guard, 6-6, So.

Brady Heiman, Forward, 6-11, So.

Karrington Davis, Guard, 6-6, RFr.

Thorir Thorbjarnarson, Guard, 6-6, Jr.

50/50: 

Kevin Cross, Forward, 6-8, Fr. (HS)
Jayce Johnson, Center, 7-0, Sr. (Utah grad transfer)

Maybe (visited or intends to):

Dalano Banton, Guard, 6-8, So. (Western Kentucky sit-out transfer)

Yvan Ouedraogo, Forward, 6-8, Fr. (HS)

Maurice Calloo, Forward, 6-9, So. (Oklahoma State sit-out 1/2 transfer)

Joel Ntambwe, Forward, 6-9, So. (UNLV sit-out transfer *pending waiver)

Jonathan Tchamwa Tchatchoua, Forward, 6-8, So. (UNLV sit-out transfer *pending waiver)

Possibilities:

Tomas Woldetensae, Guard, 6-5, Jr. (JUCO)

Kendall Lewis, Forward, 6-6, Fr. (HS)

Terry Nolan, Guard, 6-2, Jr. (George Washington sit-out transfer)

Kerry Blackshear, Forward, 6-8, Sr. (Virginia Tech grad transfer)

Jahvon Quinerly, Guard, 6-0, So. (Villanova sit-out transfer)

Teyvion Kirk, Guard, 6-1, Jr. (Ohio sit-out transfer)

LJ Figueroa, Guard, 6-6, Sr. (St. John's sit-out transfer)

Doubtful: 
Isaiah Roby, Forward, 6-8, Sr.

Edited by GoBigFred

13 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I think Mack, Green, Burke, Cheatham are the starting 1-4, and then hope for Jayce Johnson as the starting 5. Kavas 6th man.*

*This assumes we do not add better players even in the next month or two, which seems like a dangerous assumption at this rate. 

Well with the new information from Robin, this roster for next year has taken quite a turn. 8 scholarships are set, 5 to go and I think Cross, Johnson and Ouedraogo must have all committed, or at least two of them, with the news that Brady won't be back coming out. 

99.99%:

Dalano Banton, Guard, 6-8, So. (sit-out transfer)

50/50: 

Shamiel Stevenson, Forward, 6-6 (Nevada transfer, 1/2 sit-out transfer)

Possibilities:

Doubtful: 

Edited by GoBigFred

19 hours ago, GoBigFred said:

Well with the new information from Robin, this roster for next year has taken quite a turn. 8 scholarships are set, 5 to go and I think Cross, Johnson and Ouedraogo must have all committed, or at least two of them, with the news that Brady won't be back coming out. 

99.99%:

Dalano Banton, Guard, 6-8, So. (sit-out transfer)

50/50: 

Jayce Johnson, Center, 7-0, Sr. (Utah grad transfer)

Jonathan Tchamwa Tchatchoua, Forward, 6-8, So. (UNLV sit-out transfer *pending waiver)

Possibilities:

Tomas Woldetensae, Guard, 6-5, Jr. (JUCO)

Doubtful: 

Short bench, which may happen any way since the staff says they want a couple of sit a year guys.  But right, based on your list, there 7 bodies of which one is coming back from a major injury.  Be nice to get Johnson one of the UNLV guys and a Freshman.