19-20 roster

So with heiman, Harris, Burke, Thor, Davis expected back. And akol and jervay now N. 
That gives us 6 scholarships to fill yet? 

Guessing atleast 3 of those 6 need to be post players and atleast 2 need to be eligible to play right away? 
I hadn't heard that Thor was coming back. That is good I guess

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I hadn't heard that Thor was coming back. That is good I guess

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I don’t have any info on him leaving or staying just included him

because he finished the season on the team. I would think he would get his degree then go play in Iceland but I really don’t know.

i think nana is gone

Nana like Thor are N until they are definitively out.  Same with Isaiah in my mind.  We shall see how things shake out but we cannot fill scholarships that are already filled.  That said, I am pretty sure our staff will have contingency plans and I am also sure they know more about comings and goings then we do..

31 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Nana like Thor are N until they are definitively out.  Same with Isaiah in my mind.  We shall see how things shake out but we cannot fill scholarships that are already filled.  That said, I am pretty sure our staff will have contingency plans and I am also sure they know more about comings and goings then we do..

Hasn’t nana taken all Nebraska affiliations off his social media 

14 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Pretty likely the staff has a good idea what is going in with them, and recruiting accordingly, even if we do not.  

I think Thor would be smart to stay. He can go play professionally in Iceland whenever he wants, but the value of spending a year with Hoiberg and staff could be very beneficial for his European career (sorry, but im gonna go out on a limb and say the coaching in professional Iceland basketball isnt as as good as high level college basketball coaching is).

Nana and Karrington Davis both seem to fit in to what Hoiberg likes. Big, athletic gaurds that can shoot it.

I dont think Brady Heiman is as dead in the water as some believe. I remember a big knock against him coming out of high school is that he was too perimeter oriented, especially given his size and the oppositions size in Class B bball. I think he is very capable of shooting 3s at 33-35 percent ish clip.

It will be interesting to see how long all this takes toshakes out. I dont think everyone stays but Hoiberg could definitely put up a convincing arguement if he chooses to do so.

From an OWH article:

- Thor, Brady, Dachon, Costello, Nana, Amir, and Karrington Davis are still with the team. Roby is preparing for the draft rn.

- Nana is dealing with academic issues but still with the team.

- Amir and Davis are not healthy at the moment.

- Team expects to add Jervay and Akol Arop this summer plus whoever else is brought in (4 scholarships open)

Some other good stuff as well but thats all that relates to the roster.

1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

If we get the immediate help we need he might have to be honest with some and suggest it might be best if they move on. Strange that some are so enamored with Miles' players and recruits but did not want Miles to coach them.

I'd say Miles strength was recruiting. We haven't been re-recruiting Green, Arop, and Williams and Davis just to be nice.

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:36 PM, khoock said:

I think Thor would be smart to stay. He can go play professionally in Iceland whenever he wants, but the value of spending a year with Hoiberg and staff could be very beneficial for his European career (sorry, but im gonna go out on a limb and say the coaching in professional Iceland basketball isnt as as good as high level college basketball coaching is).

Nana and Karrington Davis both seem to fit in to what Hoiberg likes. Big, athletic gaurds that can shoot it.

I dont think Brady Heiman is as dead in the water as some believe. I remember a big knock against him coming out of high school is that he was too perimeter oriented, especially given his size and the oppositions size in Class B bball. I think he is very capable of shooting 3s at 33-35 percent ish clip.

It will be interesting to see how long all this takes toshakes out. I dont think everyone stays but Hoiberg could definitely put up a convincing arguement if he chooses to do so.

I haven't noticed anyone saying Brady is dead in the water. I think Brady is a kid who, if he bulks up a bit and grooves that jumper, could really contribute in a Hoiberg system.  And I think he has the ability to do those things.

If I were Fred -- which, obviously, I'm not -- I might clear some roster space in order to make room for some transfers, assuming we can find some guys to bring in, which I imagine they can.  But Brady is NOT one of the kids I would invite to leave.

7 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I haven't noticed anyone saying Brady is dead in the water. I think Brady is a kid who, if he bulks up a bit and grooves that jumper, could really contribute in a Hoiberg system.  And I think he has the ability to do those things.

Thought i recalled a couple posts saying Brady didnt fit with Hoibergs system and that he would be smart to start looking elsewhere. Could be wrong or misinterpreted the comments.

I think he will fit in well.

Per radio this morning, Washut said:

Roby is essentially gone no matter what.

Decent shot to land Cheatham -- likely deciding mid-May.  Visiting us first this weekend.

Good shot to land Mack -- likely visiting next weekend.  Mack would take us from very formidable backcourt to one of the best in the B1G, imo.  

Sniffing around a lot of athletic PFs who can swing the 4-5.  Might be a grad transfer or two with regard to this spot.