Walton out - Lue in?

Now that Magic & Walton have left the building, rumors are swirling that Lue will be heading to LA. Most people saw this coming a mile down the road, and  that was the main reason I thought any discussion regarding Lue to Lincoln was misguided. I thought we opted for the better choice, plus Lue is use to holding LeBron’s hand & powdering his a**...

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Searching 4 Chester Surles said:

Damn, I really hope he turns it down. He's already got the "LeBron's lap dog" stigma, no need to further compound it.

The Lakers are a mess organizationally and everyone knows it. If he wins there, that goes a very long way towards his reputation.

14 hours ago, Searching 4 Chester Surles said:

Damn, I really hope he turns it down. He's already got the "LeBron's lap dog" stigma, no need to further compound it.

Not among anyone who knows anything about basketball.  He ascended the coaching ranks faster than damn near any NBA coach ever.  He’ll do well in LA just like he has everywhere else.  

4 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

The Lakers are a mess organizationally and everyone knows it. If he wins there, that goes a very long way towards his reputation.

One would hope, but at least with the general population, there seems to be a very small percentage that gives Ty any credit for what happened in Cleveland (other than the meltdown after LBJ left). The day he trended on Twitter, a couple weeks ago, in connection with the Lakers opening, was brutal. It was bad enough when he became a meme when Iverson stepped over him (even though Ty did the best job of putting the clamps on AI in that series)... I hate to watch him become a meme as a coach as well.

I'd just rather see Lue separate from that entire mess and chart his own course w/o Bron. Continue on with the Clips, until a much better opportunity opens up.

Man, I see this as the best opportunity. (1)Win a championship in LA you're a legend. (2)Lose and who cares - its a shit run organization anyway.  He already has one. Even if he does fail he will get another head coaching job because see #2. At least from the talking heads on TV he seems to be held in high esteem from the people in the NBA. That's all that really matters. Who cares what the general population thinks if the people that hire coaches in the NBA like you.

The addition of Anthony Davis to the roster will go a LONG ways towards changing the narrative in L.A. for BOTH Lue and LeBron. All these fools online last summer thought James was a one way ticket to the Finals, then he took a 35 win team to 37. It's time to cut the dead weight ( see ya Ball/Ingram) get Zion in the lottery, then save up for my "Bron & the Brow" T-shirt!

Edited by Handy Johnson