Mayor 'Go Big Fred' Hoiberg Hoops

2 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Love it... today on the radio I heard Adrian Martinez compared to Patrick Mahomes & called possibly the greatest Husker QB ever. It’s amazing what back to back 4-8 seasons will do the Kool-Aid drinkers. Just imagine if we would’ve went to a Bowl game?

To be fair, the reason the comparison came to light (and was mentioned on the Ticket and on BTN) was because a teammate, Damion Daniels, was asked if any Big 12 players reminded him of Adrian.  He mentioned Mahomes.  Also, note that as good as Mahomes is, he did not win big in college due to lack of difference makers and defense surrounding Mahomes.  

Hopefully we will surround Adrian with the talent that allows him to break out and be great.

Yep, I’m VERY familiar with the back story, and believe me no one wants to see the Football team succeed more than me. But this fan base is SO starved for success after 20 long years with no Conference title that they tend to suspend themselves from reality and believe Frost’s time at UCF will mirror his time in Lincoln. As we all know, there are no guarantees... 

Edited by Handy Johnson

6 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Yep, I’m VERY familiar with the back story, and believe me no one wants to see the Football team succeed more than me. But this fan base is SO starved for success after 20 long years with no Conference title that they tend to suspend themselves from reality and believe Frost’s time at UCF will mirror his time in Lincoln. As we all know, there are no guarantees... 

Wait, I already have my plans made to go to the Big Ten championship, followed by both rounds of the CFP. You mean it *might* not happen?! ?