Nebraska vs. Penn St. series Game Thread

Bugeaters1

18 hours ago, mwm89 said:

Great to get yet another sweep!  Pitching and defense won the day.  Lack of overall success at the plate lately concerns me some.  Hopefully it trends upward.  GBR!!  ⚾

I mean it is baseball.  Id be ecstatic if we failed 65-70% of the time.  Doing what you can to win is important in the down times.

On 4/13/2019 at 10:32 PM, mwm89 said:

Great to get yet another sweep!  Pitching and defense won the day.  Lack of overall success at the plate lately concerns me some.  Hopefully it trends upward.  GBR!!  ⚾

Penn St staff is top 10 in K/9 and top 60 in WHIP. Pitching and Defense is how you have to beat them. Indiana scored 8 runs the entire weekend against them, just last week. Iowa is tough at home and has a good staff. Expect some similar battles this upcoming weekend. 

Edited by The Polish Rifle

2 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Penn St staff is top 10 in K/9 and top 60 in WHIP. Pitching and Defense is how you have to beat them. Indiana scored 8 runs the entire weekend against them, just last week. Iowa is tough at home and has a good staff. Expect some similar battles this upcoming weekend. 

18 hours ago, hskr4life said:

I mean it is baseball.  Id be ecstatic if we failed 65-70% of the time.  Doing what you can to win is important in the down times.

I realized what you all are saying.  Wasn't trying to suggest we were going off the deep end or anything folks.  I am very happy where things are in the conf.  I expect that's how we are going to win overall (pitching and D)- it's always been Ersty's mantra and rightfully so generally speaking.  Tougher half of the conf. schedule is upcoming, so I expect some more battles and probably even some series losses, but I hope I'm wrong.  Was just expressing a wish about the hitting, but yes it's baseball, as we've heard already.