2019 Recruiting Wish List

khoock

18 minutes ago, GoBigFred said:

Yeah we have a 33% chance at Ntambwe by my math. Not a pipe dream.

Blackshear, that's a pipe dream.

Nah.  Blackshear is just making sure Roby goes to the NBA before publicly declaring he is transferring here.

Trying to channel my inner Chester on this one.

We already have the most complete roster I’ve seen since Nee’s best teams.  That’s mindblowing.

With 3 legitimate 240+lb bigs on the roster, I’d go for another shooter.  Position doesn’t matter.  

Or a double double grad transfer big, but man... I feel like both of these pups can see the court at the 4-5 and be serviceable for 4 friggin years.  Cross and Yvan compliment each other really, really well.  And the Nevada kid can give us a really beefy lineup at the 3-4-5 if we want 750lbs of front court.  Also important: they allow Kavas to play a true stretch 4 without giving up a defensive mismatch.  He’s going to be deadly in Fred’s system.

Just wow.  

If I’m Roby, the decision becomes harder by the day, particularly if he’s a second rounder.  

9 hours ago, busticket said:

Trying to channel my inner Chester on this one.

It works until it doesn't, amirite?

I'd be so willing to try my luck again, this time on Ntambwe... but like a voodoo priestess needs a lock of hair or a personal belonging... apparently I need Tweets to influence an 18-yr-old-recruit's decision-making ability. And there's very little to work with out there with ol' Joel.

He's, evidently, somewhere hanging out with Elvis, Jimmy Hoffa, B.I.G. and Tupac.

8 hours ago, Searching 4 Chester Surles said:

It works until it doesn't, amirite?

I'd be so willing to try my luck again, this time on Ntambwe... but like a voodoo priestess needs a lock of hair or a personal belonging... apparently I need Tweets to influence an 18-yr-old-recruit's decision-making ability. And there's very little to work with out there with ol' Joel.

He's, evidently, somewhere hanging out with Elvis, Jimmy Hoffa, B.I.G. and Tupac.

Ntambwe is an anagram for 'went bam'

On 5/13/2019 at 4:25 PM, khoock said:

I dont have names but I would like a grad transfer gaurd. Doesnt have to be a super star but someone who can give us quality depth.

Also a grad transfer 4/5 man. The quality depends on if we have Roby or not. If Roby is gone, hes gotta be able to play. If he is back, a Duby Okeke type player would do.

If we have an open ship for Roby I would like to see us snag a good sit out transfer or just sit on it.

So right yet soooo wrong lol. I figured we would get another big dude (Kevin Cross) also thought we needed some gaurd depth (Samari Curtis) and lastly thought we might take a sit out transfer (Derrick Walker) if we found one we liked. But boy was I wrong on their eligibility! Did not see us filling those holes with freshmen. 

33 minutes ago, khoock said:

So right yet soooo wrong lol. I figured we would get another big dude (Kevin Cross) also thought we needed some gaurd depth (Samari Curtis) and lastly thought we might take a sit out transfer (Derrick Walker) if we found one we liked. But boy was I wrong on their eligibility! Did not see us filling those holes with freshmen. 

The wish list is filled.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by jayschool

8 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Another tough break for Iowa

Chad Leistikow
@ChadLeistikow

Register exclusive: Iowa's Jordan Bohannon (@JordanBo_3) to have hip surgery tomorrow, uncertain he'll play next season. 

Whoa. Seems that when Thor brought the Hammer, JoBo never recovered from the B1G blow to his shootin' from the hip. ?

Edited by AuroranHusker

2 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Another tough break for Iowa

Chad Leistikow
@ChadLeistikow

Register exclusive: Iowa's Jordan Bohannon (@JordanBo_3) to have hip surgery tomorrow, uncertain he'll play next season. 

Joe Toussaint has to be the guy for Iowa now or they'll put a McCaffery at the point. Toussaint is a 6-0, 165, 3-star PG out of New York City. I like Mack's chances of outplaying Toussaint or any of Frannie's spawn.

• 3 weeks later...