2019 Recruiting Wish List

khoock

*If this belongs in the recruiting forum feel free to move it there*

1. Cam Mack (6'3 JUCO G w/ 3yrs to play)

2. Joel Ntambwe (6'9 F transfer from UNLV, sit one to play 3)

3. Eric Williams (6'6 G transfer from Duquense, sit one to play two)

4. Grad Transfer F/C

5. Yavuz Gultekin or some other young combo forward who can shoot

I went with 5 schollies to fill plus the addition of Green and Arop.

Tough thing here because while I would love some transfers, we also need guys to fill out this current roster. 

Ideally you fill 3 spots with guys who can play now and 2 spots for high ceiling guys who can replace who we lose.

That being said, I still think we lose Nana and Roby(I hope not). If that were to happen we have 5 open spots.

My hopes would be:

1- David Jenkins(guard)- SDSU- Sit 1 and play 2(I believe)

2- Cam Mack(Guard)- JUCO-  play right away and be able to play at the 1.

3. Joel Ntambwe(Forward)/transfer- UNLV- I believe he has to sit a year?

4- Andre Allen- 6'8-Forward/ JUCO

5. Tomas Woldetensea- Guard/ Available now

6. Haanif Cheatham- Guard

VERY concerned about our "bigs". We also need a true 1. Ideally Cam can come in and help there. Given that, I think you run with 3 guards anyways. Mack/Burke/Green.

Lets just say we keep Roby and have 4 spots to fill. 

I would be very ok with Cam Mack, Joel Ntambwe, Andre Allen and Tomas or Haanif. 

I would love to focus in on some bigs to add depth but it is hard to truly know where we sit with some of these guys. 

Talking about next year's roster. Just going by what seems likely at this point, the returning roster is shaping up to probably be:

Dachon Burke, 6-4 guard

Amir Harris, 6-6 guard

Thorir Thorbjarnarson, 6-6 SF

Karrington Davis, 6-6 SF

Brady Heiman, 6-11 PF

Confirmed commited recruit:

Akol Arop, 6-6 SF

So, what do we want/need at this point?

Jervay Green

A PG would be nice

An athletic big or two?

That gives us 9-10 players, which means we could still take 3-4 as transfers who have to sit a year.

Thoughts?

5 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Talking about next year's roster. Just going by what seems likely at this point, the returning roster is shaping up to probably be:

Dachon Burke, 6-4 guard

Amir Harris, 6-6 guard

Karrington Davis, 6-6 SF

Brady Heiman, 6-11 PF

Akol Arop, 6-6 SF

Jervay Green

A PG would be nice

An athletic big or two?

That gives us 9-10 players, which means we could still take 3-4 as transfers who have to sit a year.

Thoughts?

Do we really think Roby is gone?

16 minutes ago, MandRHusker said:

Do we really think Roby is gone?

At this point, it would seem surprising if Isaiah Roby is back. Not going to pin my hopes on #15 playing for the Big Red. I hope he does return, but Fred Hoiberg ought to go ahead & plan on Roby not being 'N' for that Senior Farewell Tour of the Big Ten soiree.

12 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

This is the first time I have said this...but yes, I do think he is gone...if it serves his best interest.

I'm starting to get to this point also. From everything he's said it seems like he's all but gone. And what Michael Lewis said on the radio. 

I think coming back will improve his offensive game, but if he can get solid feedback from the combine and workouts I think he should go without a doubt. 

3 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Dachon Burke, 6-4 guard

Amir Harris, 6-6 guard

Karrington Davis, 6-6 SF

Brady Heiman, 6-11 PF

Akol Arop, 6-6 SF

Jervay Green

A PG would be nice

An athletic big or two?

Thoughts?

Were in deep do do if we have to rely on Thor as a forward

5 hours ago, khoock said:

*If this belongs in the recruiting forum feel free to move it there*

1. Cam Mack (6'3 JUCO G w/ 3yrs to play)

2. Joel Ntambwe (6'9 F transfer from UNLV, sit one to play 3)

3. Eric Williams (6'6 G transfer from Duquense, sit one to play two)

4. Grad Transfer F/C

5. Yavuz Gultekin or some other young combo forward who can shoot

I went with 5 schollies to fill plus the addition of Green and Arop.

I didn't see this thread when I posted mine. That's freaky. So, anyway ...

1. Jervay seems the top priority.

2. Cam Mack? We need a PG and he fits the bill and Robin's tweet says a lot.

3. Joel Ntambwe seems like about the most desirable player we could potentially be in on for bigs. Length, athleticism, and three-point range. He HAS to be a priority.

4. I also like Eric Williams, the 6-6 guard from Duquesne. Sit a year to play 2.

Edited by Norm Peterson

3 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Dachon Burke, 6-4 guard

Amir Harris, 6-6 guard

Karrington Davis, 6-6 SF

Brady Heiman, 6-11 PF

Akol Arop, 6-6 SF

Jervay Green

A PG would be nice

An athletic big or two?

Thoughts?

That is if Thor doesn't go play in Iceland, and if Karrington Davis is healthy enough to play.  If Thor is back, then Nebraska returns a total of 20.9 minutes per game, 3.7 points per game, 4.1 rebounds per game, 1.8 assists per game, 0.9 steals per game, 0.4 blocks per game, and the returnees shot 43.8% from the floor, 19.4% from 3, and 43.6% from the line.

4 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

That is if Thor doesn't go play in Iceland, and if Karrington Davis is healthy enough to play.  If Thor is back, then Nebraska returns a total of 20.9 minutes per game, 3.7 points per game, 4.1 rebounds per game, 1.8 assists per game, 0.9 steals per game, 0.4 blocks per game, and the returnees shot 43.8% from the floor, 19.4% from 3, and 43.6% from the line.

I figured until they decommit or throw their name into the draft or something, I should count them.  Thor might be gone, but he hasn't said so yet. Dachon says he's in, so I counted him.  Haven't seen/heard anything about Karrington. If he recovers, he could yet be a good player.

Edited by Norm Peterson

9 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I figured until they decommit or throw their name into the draft or something, I should count them.  Thor might be gone, but he hasn't said so yet. Dachon says he's in, so I counted him.  Haven't seen/heard anything about Karrington. If he recovers, he could yet be a good player.

If Karrington Davis can replicate what he did in high school, we will have a damn good team.  That is, if he is the backup to two different top 5 NBA draft picks, like he was in high school.

To be serious, though, I think he can be pretty good, but he missed last year, and didn't play much with injuries the year before that.  If it weren't for bad luck he'd have no luck at all.

We got Jervay.

We still need the following immediately eligible players:

A PG

A SG/Wing

2 Bigs (one of which could be Roby)

Cam Mack is the only PG I'm aware we're after; could be others but he's the only one I know about.

I want Haanif Cheatham to fill out our back court.  Him and Mack with Jervay and Dachon and I'd feel really good about our back court. Really good.

Keep Roby and we need one more immediately eligible big; don't keep Roby and we need 2.

Keep an eye on this space as I check items off the list.

I might be in the minority, but I want Heiman to have 1 year with Hoiberg to see what he can do with him. 

My wish list is still similar, but I think a big wish is just making sure we get guys with the mentality to get after the ball. Rebounding has been so frustrating and I dont care if a guy is 7'1 or 6'7, you have to want that rebound and put your self in good position or you dont stand a chance.

Cam Mack is #1 for me. I just dont see any true PG's on this team. This allows Green/Burke to play more off-guards and allows us to have pretty good depth. 

Still have no idea where we end up, but would love one of the UNLV guys. 

I'm going to assume until the NCAA says otherwise that anyone who transfers who hasn't graduated is going to have to sit a year.  I want that one UNLV kid in particular and I also want us to land the kid from Duquesne.  Those are the sit-a-year transfers I'd love to see us land.

I don't have a read on any immediately-eligible bigs that we are after who are interested in us.  But get Mack and Cheatham and I'm satisfied with the status of the back court for sure.

Mack, I don't know about his shot, but the kid is lightning quick and a really good passer, a real pass-first PG.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Here's another list: Players who haven't said they're going anywhere else … yet:

Brady Heiman, PF

Karrington Davis, G/Wing

Amir Harris, PG

Thor Thorbjarnarson, G/Wing

Dachon Burke, G

Nana Akenten, G/Wing

And another list: Committed recruits:

Akol Arop, F

Jervay Green, G

I think that Burke has tweeted that he is all N