2019 Recruiting Wish List

khoock

Great to see more scholarships open up but, isn't it very possible there is a waiting game going on and we will take either Yvan or Kevin? I don't think we would take both. Both play the same position and are risky scholarships in their own right. 

If that is the case, I take Yvan. Who would you take?

Edited by BmoreRed

6-5, shoots over 40% from beyond the arc, immediately eligible.

Season Averages
season Team
2016-17
2017-18
2018-19

GP GS MPG FG FG% 3PT 3P% FT FT% OR DR REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
34 28 17.1 2.5-6.0 41.2 0.9-2.4 35.8 0.7-0.9 74.2 0.3 1.4 1.6 0.9 0.4 0.6 1.2 1.1 6.5
33 33 24.2 3.9-9.3 42.0 1.5-3.8 38.6 1.8-2.0 87.9 0.5 1.7 2.2 1.9 0.2 0.7 1.4 1.2 11.1
35 35 24.1 3.1-7.9 39.9 1.4-3.3 42.1 1.5-1.9 79.1 0.6 2.2 2.9 1.8 0.2 0.9 1.6 1.4 9.2

4 hours ago, khoock said:

Joel Ntambwe is visiting TCU this weekend.

Interesting. Very interesting. I don't think he got an NBA Combine invite (haven't found any mention of it), so perhaps the odds he returns to the college game for another year, are increasing.

LIST:

1. Roby (probably won't happen)

2. Ntambwe (waiver plz)

3. KEVIN!

48MM.gif

4. Jayce

5. Calloo

Edited by Searching 4 Chester Surles

Our last two ships need to go to bigs.

1. Has to be a big that is immediately eligible and ready to contribute right away: Jayce Johnson or Shamiel Stevenson. Different sizes with different skill sets but both can give us a lot of front court minutes.

2. Someone who you can redshirt. That leaves us with either Kevin Cross or Yvan Ouedraogo. Staff redshirts Cross/Ouedraogo or Arop (which ever is least ready to contribute.)

Thats my take on the last two scholarships.

*If Joel Ntambwe is still on the table you take him as your RS player.

**If Roby stays in the draft you want both Johnson and Stevenson.

8 minutes ago, khoock said:

1. Joel Ntambwe

2. Shamiel Stevenson

3. Kevin Cross

4. Yvan Ouedraogo 

5.  Brady heiman....  

lol just kidding.  Kinda thought we had some bigs locked up with his departure but guess not. These guys that set up visits(Johnson; Ntambwe; cross) after visiting here are gone in my opinion.  If they wanted to Be here they would of committed

31 minutes ago, ConkintheCorner said:

5.  Brady heiman....  

lol just kidding.  Kinda thought we had some bigs locked up with his departure but guess not. These guys that set up visits(Johnson; Ntambwe; cross) after visiting here are gone in my opinion.  If they wanted to Be here they would of committed

Seems as if grad transfers are quick to decide so once Jayce Johnson set up another visit after us, I lost faith that we were going to secure him.

I dont think its too uncommon for incoming freshmen and sit out transfers to take more visits. 

Unless someone really good opens up, Im gonna go out on a limb and say Hoiberg only fills 2-3 more ships this year and sits on the other two for 2020 freshmen and transfers recruiting. 

I dont think we are in good enough position with enough good prospects to fill out all 4-5. You take Stevenson and Ntambwe if you can get them and still think you take either Cross or Ouedraogo to see of you can develop them. Other than that everyone that has visited has committed to us or elsewhere. (Fairly certain Calloo is going JUCO).

Hoiberg will be comfortable with with 9-10 eligible guys.

Agree with @khoock. I think beyond another 2 or 3 spots, our options for 2020 are going to be a lot better than available targets for 2019. I think we'll have at least 5 open spots to offer and I can't imagine we'll take more than 2 or possibly 3 unless they're grad transfers with a year of eligibility.  I'm thinking they'll want to play with at least 4 total 2020 spots.