2022 PG Tamin Lipsey -> Iowa St

hhcmatt

24 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

I remember reading on that Cyclone Fanatics thread they were scared Hoiberg would swoop in on this kid.

Many are freaking out over there.  They can't believe Hoiberg would offer a kid from Ames, Iowa (like that is off limits for him).  

It's interesting how many of them have turned on Fred.  My favorite is how some now call him "Fraud" Hoiberg. 

According to what they're saying over on Cyclone Fanatic (they have a thread on this kid that is mostly about Hoiberg), Lipsey was friends with Hoiberg's twins and played on the same team as them in grade school.  So ...

I think they have a real fear that Lipsey could come here.  Which, from a Nebraska fan perspective, doesn't even remotely guarantee we're even in his final 10, let alone get a commit from him, but Cyclone fans for sure are worried they'll lose him to us.

47 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

According to what they're saying over on Cyclone Fanatic (they have a thread on this kid that is mostly about Hoiberg), Lipsey was friends with Hoiberg's twins and played on the same team as them in grade school.  So ...

I think they have a real fear that Lipsey could come here.  Which, from a Nebraska fan perspective, doesn't even remotely guarantee we're even in his final 10, let alone get a commit from him, but Cyclone fans for sure are worried they'll lose him to us.

Speaking of the Hoiberg twins, anybody know what high school they will attend?

2 hours ago, Klas3131 said:

Many are freaking out over there.  They can't believe Hoiberg would offer a kid from Ames, Iowa (like that is off limits for him).  

It's interesting how many of them have turned on Fred.  My favorite is how some now call him "Fraud" Hoiberg. 

The thread they have on him over there was started on 1/14/2019 and up until the Nebraska offer was made public last night had 6 posts.

In the 12 hours since the thread has added 72 additional posts.

5 hours ago, jimmykc said:

For a city of 70,000 or so, I would say that with this kid, McDermott, and Harrison Barnes, Ames has one of the best high school basketball talent pools per capita in the US during the past decade. And  that is not even counting the Mayor.

Those Ames high teams for those 2 years were nuts.  Bubu Palo also was on the team and is now in the G league and Jesse Pritchard who I believe played and started for Yale. Cant remember the 5th kid but believe he played d1 football.  Also any 5 star from the state of Iowa plays for Roy Williams so I'm just assuming he will be a tar heel.

On 4/11/2019 at 3:26 PM, GoClones said:

Those Ames high teams for those 2 years were nuts.  Bubu Palo also was on the team and is now in the G league and Jesse Pritchard who I believe played and started for Yale. Cant remember the 5th kid but believe he played d1 football.  Also any 5 star from the state of Iowa plays for Roy Williams so I'm just assuming he will be a tar heel.

I played in the All Iowa Attack practice facility Harrison Barnes made for his middle school Club team. It’s the nicest gym I’ve ever played in. I think they said it cost well over a million dollars. Their team had a guy who dropped 50 on us. It was a really cool experience. 

2 hours ago, cjbowbros said:

I played in the All Iowa Attack practice facility Harrison Barnes made for his middle school Club team. It’s the nicest gym I’ve ever played in. I think they said it cost well over a million dollars. Their team had a guy who dropped 50 on us. It was a really cool experience. 

So much misinformation in this post. Barnes didn’t pay a dime for that facility. Please only share facts you know 

On 4/11/2019 at 9:41 AM, jimmykc said:

For a city of 70,000 or so, I would say that with this kid, McDermott, and Harrison Barnes, Ames has one of the best high school basketball talent pools per capita in the US during the past decade. And  that is not even counting the Mayor.

The town of Ames, IA, still only has the one school in the community.

Kind of wild Ames has a Big 12 university with only the one high school in town.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...