MSU....

whoopdeedoo

Yes, she was interested in NU early on in H.S.

If transferred within the league she would have to sit out a year..... other things could determine if she would lose a year. But more than likely yes, she would lose a year,

Has she red-shirted a year already? That could enter into how it could be handled too. 

Edited by redsteve

11 hours ago, redsteve said:

Yes, she was interested in NU early on in H.S.

If transferred within the league she would have to sit out a year..... other things could determine if she would lose a year. But more than likely yes, she would lose a year,

Has she red-shirted a year already? That could enter into how it could be handled too. 

as far as redshirting, i don't believe so---i think she started as a true freshman.

freshman year: "Played in 32 games, starting 22"

my gut tells me she wasn't developing as she had hoped. wouldn't surprise me if she leans toward the likes of ND, Louisiana, etc. could be way off ?‍♂️ hope she doesn't go "home" ?

here is some "transfer's" news if you are interested: https://wbbblog.com/2019/04/01/transfer-news-april-2019/

Edited by whoopdeedoo

15 hours ago, mwm89 said:

Wiscy, right?  Yeah, that might move them up a ways in the league.

yes, she is from wisconsin. i believe wiscy graduated their best player, and, their play had been elevated at the end of the season. that could give them some confidence going into next season and getting someone like Cooks could be a huge boost. 

appears SCooks will not be looking at any schools in the BIGTen:https://www.kenoshanews.com/sports/cooks-transferring-from-michigan-state/article_b096c9a5-690a-5a17-bfb1-6f0b3100533b.html

hmmm...UCLA was in her top 5 (the others being big ten schools). 

from the article:

The two big programs in the state, of course, are Wisconsin and Marquette, but neither seems like a likely landing point for Cooks.

“It’s not my first option,” she confirmed.

In fact, she said she won’t be playing for another Big Ten school because of the transfer rules. She’d have to sit out two years if she went to another Big Ten school as opposed to one year for moving to another conference.

“I can say right now I’m not going to be in the Big Ten, because you have to sit out two years, and that’s a super long process,” Cooks said.

imo, big ten needs to really take a look at that rule. do you really want good talent to leave the league?

Edited by whoopdeedoo

• 1 month later...