Transfer Eric Williams

Williams averaged 14 points and seven rebounds to lead Duquesne (19-13) his sophomore season. He was second on the team in 3-point percentage (.371).

"I didn't have a bad experience here," Williams said when reached over the phone Monday from Pittsburgh. "It just wasn't what I wanted it to be. I just felt I could do more. I'm going to sit down with my mom and see what school I'm going to go out and visit in the next month here. 

"This time going it will be different going through the process. I believe I will be smarter about it. I'll know more about it. I wasn't really recruited before. I'll take my time." 

During one stretch of the season, Williams began to play the efficient type of basketball that he always knew he was capable of. That resulted in the first 40-point game of his collegiate career against St. Louis. 

He scored the 40 points while shooting 15-of-20, including 7-of-9 from 3-point range. Williams will now head back out on the recruiting trail, hoping to make a decision on his new school by the end of May. He will have to sit out a year, but he will be able to practice with his new team. When he returns, he will have two years of eligibility remaining. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 12.31.57 PM.png

15 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Wow this guy really outperformed his rankings. He wasn't really recruited by anyone.

He's a SG that has the size to slot in as a SF. He gets to the FT line in addition to hitting 3s at a respectable rate.

Would be a good pull.

+1.

I watched a few Duquesne games last year and this kid can play.  He would look very good in Husker red.