Boehm taking a step back

I heard the new list of Boehm’s responsibilities this morning, why does “cheerleading” fall under his umbrella? And funny, now that Moos has “his guy” he’s suddenly going to take an interest in the Basketball program? That’s rich...

Edited by Handy Johnson

13 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

I heard the new list of Boehm’s responsibilities this morning, why does “cheerleading” fall under his umbrella? And funny, now that Moos has “his guy” he’s suddenly going to an interest in the Basketball program? That’s rich...

Once again. Moos was likely in a program evaluating stage. That didn't just include Miles. He was likely evaluating Boehm's performance too. And just like they fired Miles they also took some of the responsibility away from Boehm. It's not hard to understand. Also yes hes' going to be more involved because of the amount of money that is being invested. 

1 hour ago, Bugeaters1 said:

And maybe we can get some decent merchandise to buy

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Yeah, is it really that difficult?! Sheesh, most fanatics want to wear the cool gear the team is getting...... man, how do they keep screwing around with Nebrasketball, yet give a billion options for football only?!?!

29 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

This is a good thing. While I think far too much has been made about the cause and effect relationship of MB and us losing... clearly something wasn’t jiving. And even if it’s just a fresh set of eyes looking at the issue, it might help. 

Certainly couldn't hurt, that's for sure.

9 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I know it's funny to attack Boehm when nobody outside the athletic department knows what it is that he does, for sure.

But I think we should give some credit where credit is due:  None of the coaches he took part in hiring and none of the programs under his supervision were caught up in any NCAA infractions.  The players graduated on time.  Our APR scores were good.  We haven't been penalized, sanctioned or placed on NCAA probation.  We haven't had scholarships pulled or been banned from post-season play.

You can joke and say things like "we banned ourselves from post-season play" or "with our win-loss record, we don't warrant an investigation."  Haha.  I get the humor.

But, in all seriousness, there is intense pressure to win when you're at the helm of a revenue sport in a major conference.  A lot of people out there glance sideways at the rules that govern things like recruiting, and white lies and pushing the ethical envelope are rationalized if it leads to a better caliber of recruits. And FBI investigations into neighboring programs have cast a pall over those schools' athletic programs, so pushing the ethical envelope is not unheard of or without precedence even nearby.

So far as I know, WE have not been implicated.  I would rather struggle to achieve mediocrity while preserving my honor and integrity than win dishonestly.

Make fun of Marc Boehm if you want.  Talk about the lack of basketball success during his tenure.  But don't, then, forget to mention we've run clean programs while he's been here.

Okay... I guess... Sure... 

Clean program and winning aren't mutually exclusive.  And the article mentions that the compliance director is staying, maybe he deserves some recognition instead of boehm