2019 Juco Guard Tomas Woldetensea -> Virginia

38 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

His scoring numbers per 40 minutes were like 49, so I don't think that's a misprint.

Hmmm.  Wonder why he would start 27 out of 28 games, but only play 14 minutes when scoring over a point a minute.

What am I missing?  Are the rest of the players on the team more efficient thus limiting his minutes?

May need to look at the availability of the teammates.

10 minutes ago, NUtball said:

Hmmm.  Wonder why he would start 27 out of 28 games, but only play 14 minutes when scoring over a point a minute.

What am I missing?  Are the rest of the players on the team more efficient thus limiting his minutes?

I think some Jucos attempt to get a lot of guys double digit minutes so they can get a look at the next level, wondering if they just had a number of guards that they wanted to get looks.

26 minutes ago, NUtball said:

Something's weird in the way they've done their stats. According to the NJCAA website, he lead the team with 14 plus minutes/game. Only 4 guys are listed as having averaged double-figure minutes.  Not sure which stats we can believe, but certainly not the minutes/game.

Don't worry about the minutes per game thing. IHCC apparently doesn't know how to count those. See below. Lots of games where he played just one minute? If so, he scored 20 points on Nov. 30 in just one minute!!! 28 points on Dec. 11 in one minute!!

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 12.39.30 PM.png

Edited by jayschool

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Something's weird in the way they've done their stats. According to the NJCAA website, he lead the team with 14 plus minutes/game. Only 4 guys are listed as having averaged double-figure minutes.  Not sure which stats we can believe, but certainly not the minutes/game.

Edit.  Jayschool beat me to it in a better laid out post.  

Edited by royalfan

4 minutes ago, royalfan said:

I don't think this is the right year and maybe not even the right player.  I am too dumb to figure out how to lay this out like you did but here is link to what I am seeing.  http://indianhills.prestosports.com/sports/mbkb/2017-18/bios/woldetensae_tomas_n314?view=gamelog&pos=sh

That's 2017-2018. The partial log I posted is from this year.

Edited by jayschool

1 minute ago, jayschool said:

That's 2017-2018. The log I posted is from this year.

yeah, deleted it just realized that.  Very strange it brought me to two years ago when going in there but it did indeed.  12 games had minutes.  He was playing every bit of 30 minutes a game.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...