2021 PG Bryce McGowens - LOI

hhcmatt

23 hours ago, colhusker said:

Started to post he would take their minutes but thought I would let TheGov21 reply first.

Why do people act so surprised that recruits don't want to play with Teddy? He's a good player but he's on his fourth team and has some "character issues." Especially with players like Donovan and Hunter who have options to play at big time schools?

1 hour ago, TheGov21 said:

Why do people act so surprised that recruits don't want to play with Teddy? He's a good player but he's on his fourth team and has some "character issues." Especially with players like Donovan and Hunter who have options to play at big time schools?

That's so uncommon. Very few teams out there have guys who have transferred at all, let alone guys who've transferred more than once. And nobody else has guys with character issues.

Having the only player in the entire nation who has not only transferred multiple times BUT ALSO has character issues clearly makes our roster unique and fully explains why recruits decide to go elsewhere.

OK, I don't buy it.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

That's so uncommon. Very few teams out there have guys who have transferred at all, let alone guys who've transferred more than once. And nobody else has guys with character issues.

Having the only player in the entire nation who has not only transferred multiple times BUT ALSO has character issues clearly makes our roster unique and fully explains why recruits decide to go elsewhere.

OK, I don't buy it.

Spot on

3 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

OK, I don't buy it.

Where did I ever mention that Teddy was the only player to have ever transferred multiple times and have character issues? This post is exactly what I was referring to before. Some people on here are so blinded by their fandom that they cannot accept that a highly touted local prospect would choose another school because they didn't want to play with someone on that current team (amongst other reasons too). PS, this happens all over the nation, not just Nebraska

2 minutes ago, TheGov21 said:

Where did I ever mention that Teddy was the only player to have ever transferred multiple times and have character issues? This post is exactly what I was referring to before. Some people on here are so blinded by their fandom that they cannot accept that a highly touted local prospect would choose another school because they didn't want to play with someone on that current team (amongst other reasons too). PS, this happens all over the nation, not just Nebraska

I'm giving you sh!t. I don't think Teddy is toxic to recruiting. I don't think guys really think that much about him. Maybe Donovan did. But they're going to find character issues all over the country in just about every program they consider. And many will find them when they look in the mirror.

1 hour ago, 49r said:

Well...let's go ahead and link to the Crystall Ball page I guess:

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Bryce-McGowens-at-Legacy-Charter-257655/CurrentExpertPredictions/

Props to the one guy still not caring to update his Clemson pick in 2019. McGowens was recruited there by Steve Smith who then went to Florida St which is how FSU landed him in the first place. 

Otherwise Bossi picking Nebraska is pretty good sign. He's been shooting fish in a barrel since moving over from Rivals.

23 hours ago, TheGov21 said:

Teddy's off court issues are well known. But, there's plenty of evidence that shows his teammates like him. For example: his teammates at West Virginia voted him rookie of the year. Over fellow freshman Wesley Harris, who started every game (Teddy didn't start any games). 

2 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Don't think Bryce is interested in Kentucky

Hunter hasn't signed yet. Some Tarheel blog quoted him saying he'd release a top 6 soon and then wait until spring to sign anywhere.

Weird things can happen. It's not unprecedented for a guy to pick some school that wasn't among his top 3. Having other top-shelf recruits is more of a draw than a turnoff to someone who wouldn't want to be the only good player on a mediocre team.

I still think that'd be a helluva backcourt.

For us. Not Kentucky. (It'd be a helluva backcourt for Kentucky, too.)

On 10/28/2020 at 5:51 PM, Norm Peterson said:

Bryce could commit to Nebraska (or anywhere else) anytime if he wanted to.

I'm not going to allow my hopes to get dashed over this one.

Having said that, wouldn't he look great in a backcourt with Hunter Sallis? 😁

Man I would be happy with just Bryce and Briendbranch 

On 10/28/2020 at 2:57 PM, 49r said:

Well...let's go ahead and link to the Crystall Ball page I guess:

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Bryce-McGowens-at-Legacy-Charter-257655/CurrentExpertPredictions/

On 10/28/2020 at 3:56 PM, hhcmatt said:

Props to the one guy still not caring to update his Clemson pick in 2019. McGowens was recruited there by Steve Smith who then went to Florida St which is how FSU landed him in the first place. 

Otherwise Bossi picking Nebraska is pretty good sign. He's been shooting fish in a barrel since moving over from Rivals.

That one guy updated his pick a couple of days ago and it's now 100% crystal balls to Nebraska.

For what that's worth.