2021 PG Bryce McGowens - LOI

hhcmatt

Not sour grapes (I’ll be rooting for Hunter wherever he ends up), but I’m not sure how all these recruiting services can unanimously say Sallis is clearly a better prospect than McGowens after watching their film.

They both are combo guards. McGowens is taller, longer, equally as athletic (if not more), has a quicker release and appears to have deeper range. Both are very good ball handlers and passers. McGowens probably plays better competition and averaged 26 ppg the last two years.

If I had to choose between the two for next level potential, I’d take McGowens.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10471593/5e14ffab0dcaad049013ca47

1 hour ago, millerhusker said:

Not sour grapes (I’ll be rooting for Hunter wherever he ends up), but I’m not sure how all these recruiting services can unanimously say Sallis is clearly a better prospect than McGowens after watching their film.

They both are combo guards. McGowens is taller, longer, equally as athletic (if not more), has a quicker release and appears to have deeper range. Both are very good ball handlers and passers. McGowens probably plays better competition and averaged 26 ppg the last two years.

If I had to choose between the two for next level potential, I’d take McGowens.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10471593/5e14ffab0dcaad049013ca47

The thing that bothers me about Sallis (not sour grapes either) is that in the championship game North's point guard fouled out and everything fell apart for them. If he is a 5 star combo guard I would think he could take charge, be the main ball handler and hold a big lead. Granted it was one game his junior year against a Bel West team that can bring a ton of pressure, but I would expect him to take the game over and he didn't.

53 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

Eric Bossi, Travis Branham, and Brian Snow all giving us a solid shot here.  Trying not to get too emotionally invested😅

BMcGowens.JPG

Are things starting to go our way??  Is it possible??  Is Nebraska basketball starting to 'turn the corner'??  Could it be??  Are Top-150 freshmen players committing to the Huskers??

5-Star McGowens commits to the Huskers!!

4-Star Traudt commits t the Huskers

We could have a young core group that would include:  6'-10"  Eduardo Andre and 6'-10" Wilhelm Breidenbach in the paint, 6'9" Traudt on the perimeter, and 6'5" Elijah Woods and 6'6" McGowens as combo guards.  Plus, at least six scholarships will open up in two years.  Fred and Matt will recruit the depth and 'missing pieces' we need to add to this core group.  IS IT POSSIBLE??  CAN NEBRASKETBALL TURN THE CORNER??  CAN WE COMPETE FOR THE BIG 10 CONFERENCE TITLE??  CAN WE COMPETE AT THE BIG DANCE??

I say yes!!!  It is a  long time overdue for good things to happen to Nebraska basketball.  Let the good times start to roll!!  I drink the Kool-Aid.  I believe the groundwork will be laid for a championship-type team.  Go Big Red!!  Go Fred!!  Go Matt (we need you)!!!

• hhcmatt changed the title to 2021 PG Bryce McGowens