2021 PG Bryce McGowens - LOI

hhcmatt

On 11/14/2020 at 9:26 AM, LK1 said:

6’6”, skilled, athletic, long, and an elite shooter.  He’s a prototype NBA shooting guard.  He doesn’t need to play within a system to score as he’s comfortable pulling up from anywhere outside of the 3pt line and scoring one on one.  He can be effective as a combo guard for sure.  I’m guessing he’ll play off the ball primarily and help at point.  If you’re talking Banton/Allen, he’s basically both.  

Andrew White + ballhandling skillset

6’6”, skilled, athletic, long, and an elite shooter.  He’s a prototype NBA shooting guard.  He doesn’t need to play within a system to score as he’s comfortable pulling up from anywhere outside of the 3pt line and scoring one on one.  He can be effective as a combo guard for sure.  I’m guessing he’ll play off the ball primarily and help at point.  If you’re talking Banton/Allen, he’s basically both.  

Andrew White + ballhandling skillset

After watching his highlights, I was thinking Jayson Tatum of the Boston Celtics.

40 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Efficient. I was interested to see what his production would be like this year, as he transferred to one of the best teams in the country. They have two other guards who signed with Maryland and South Carolina. 

I liked how he was always engaged on the defensive end in his games I watched from last year. Trey is a menace on defense. Bryce has a ton of potential on that end, as well. 

• hhcmatt changed the title to 2021 PG Bryce McGowens - LOI
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, jayschool said:

They also gushed in the first half about what a great program Florida State has and how lucky the Seminoles are to have signed Bryce. Great prep work.

LOL I noticed that too.  I immediately had to go back and check on the site to see if I wasn't watching an old replay or something.

3 hours ago, millerhusker said:

Bryce’s team plays a loaded Sunrise Christian team tonight. Sunrise has two guys ranked ahead of Bryce in the ‘21 class and a few studs in the ‘22 class, including Husker target Gradey Dick. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91NEcwALbgw

Live stream link for Sunrise Christian Academy vs. Legacy Early College.  Starts at 2:30PM CT

Bryce's team lost by 4. His shot was off tonight. Only made one three pointer that I saw, but still ended up with around 20 points. He was lazy at times and took possessions off at both ends. Trey will straighten that out next year. But he found ways to show his elite skill set. He and Zach Clemence (KU signee) were the most talented players on the floor. Gradey Dick scored 7 quick points at the beginning of the game, then didn't do much after that. You can see his skill and athleticism, though. 

Sunrise's two 5 stars, Kendall Brown (Baylor) and Kennedy Chandler (Tennesee) both have NBA level quickness and explosiveness, but lack skill. I saw Chandler, their point guard, miss at least 6 free throws. His shot needs a lot of work. Brown is a wing who can't shoot and his ball handling is poor. Bryce's teammate, point guard Jacoby Wright (South Carolina), outplayed Chandler. He's a tough minded player, but definitely a score first point guard and doesn't have great vision.