2021 PG Bryce McGowens - LOI

hhcmatt

14 minutes ago, GATA said:

I know these are unprecedented times, but holding off on talking about your recruiting class because of the schedule seems odd to me. 

I think they know what’s coming...

Yeah. You don't hold off announcing the schedule while waiting for the recruiting class to be announced. And you don't hold off announcing the recruiting class while waiting for the schedule to be finalized. You hold off announcing the schedule because THE SCHEDULE isn't finalized and you hold off announcing the recruiting class because ... you're about to land the first 5-star in program history.

46 minutes ago, REDitus said:

Bryce McGowens is a good player and I hope he signs with us.   I also hope people don't put too much on the kid.  

Agreed.  That's why I'm tempering expectations, and will be content with only a Final Four appearance or two.  Expecting a national championship is just too much pressure to put on the young kids' shoulders. 

1 hour ago, The Polish Rifle said:

If McGowens commits, this class is 25th on 247 and 4th in the B1G

I've gotta think Fred doesn't care about class rankings and that they skew away from us due to the transfer philosophy.  

I mean... Kobe, Trey, Banton, and Stevenson certainly add quite a bit to our team.  

But it's also good to get a scope on how our high schoolers rank.  I just don't think the rankings matter as much as the star power of the players' original senior rating.  

4 hours ago, 49r said:

Four new crystal balls in just the last two days, each one for Nebraska:

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Bryce-McGowens-at-Legacy-Charter-257655/CurrentExpertPredictions/

I've seen this movie before.......  I must say-- every time that I have watched the Titanic, Rose has never shared her door.  Maybe Rose will finally share the door for us......

19 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

The phone app doesn't order them chronologically.

Dang it. I scrolled through and didn't see Georgia hoops, though, so we have that going for us, which is nice.

Lots of assistant coaches from other schools on the list, too, which isn't as nice. But as Norm said, farting time is near.

8 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Yeah. You don't hold off announcing the schedule while waiting for the recruiting class to be announced. And you don't hold off announcing the recruiting class while waiting for the schedule to be finalized. You hold off announcing the schedule because THE SCHEDULE isn't finalized and you hold off announcing the recruiting class because ... you're about to land the first 5-star in program history.

I think Fred just doesn't have to do more than one. Wait until the expected news drops and get it all at once.

The Zoom call has been scheduled for Monday - for now. Hopefully the Big Ten doesn't force them to push it back again by dragging out the schedule even longer.