2021 PG Bryce McGowens - LOI

hhcmatt

• 10 months later...
  • hhcmatt changed the title to 2021 PG Bryce McGowens -> Flordia St
  • 7 months later...
11 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Robin did tweet that was it... “for now”

When is the last time a guy decommitted and then recommitted?

'I am decommitting but keeping you guys in the mix' is the recruiting version of 'I think we should see other people'

5 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

McGowens committed as a 4 star and now is a 5 star in the class of 2021.

Seems like a guy that is going to Herro his way to Kentucky as opposed to a guy looking to play at his brother's school where there are zero publicly available scholarships

While the odds are low, I wouldn't put it past them to have an open line of communication with the family through trey and the coaches.  Trey could one it and want an opportunity to play one year with his little brother and then hand the reins over to him for the future.  Eventually one of these decades I hope there will be a player that wants to be "the legend" instead of being the next in line.  One can hope at least.

57 minutes ago, TheKamdyMan said:

It may be early so I didn't want to create a thread but his 5 star brother who was committed to Florida State just reopened his recruitment.

I had also forgotten that we had offered him already so there was an existing thread

11 minutes ago, BirdsOnTheBat said:

Also heard he was good friends with Wilhelm and the guard we got from NJ??? for this past class?

Elijah Wood.

They were going to play together at basketball factory Lincoln Academy in NC until the school shut down.

2 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

When is the last time a guy decommitted and then recommitted?

'I am decommitting but keeping you guys in the mix' is the recruiting version of 'I think we should see other people'

It actually happens more than you'd think, and just notably happened a week ago.  Different sport obviously but Deion Colzie (one of the top wide receivers in the 2021 class) just recommitted to Notre Dame after "opening his recruitment" 6 months previously.