2021->2020 PF Gabe Wiznitzer -> Louisville

hhcmatt

8 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Sometimes you just don't land kids.

It’s not the recruiting effort I’d have a problem with.  I’m a huge Fred fan.  Huge.  I just don’t think it would be a good look to say a player is a lock when they aren’t, and Fred doesn’t seem like the type, so I’m actually defending him rather than jumping to conclusions.  

(Article does not seem to be behind a paywall!)

https://nebraska.n.rivals.com/news/huskers-eying-rivals150-center-gabe-wiznitzer-for-2020-21

Regardless of whether Wiznitzer jumps to 2020 or stays in ’21, his interest in Nebraska definitely elevated after Tuesday’s talk.

“They like to play a spaced, kind of NBA-style of offense, which I really like, and I think fits well to my playing style because I can make plays on the perimeter as well as play inside,” Wiznitzer said.

“And then just his history of developing guys, I would say, is very impressive.

Edited by Red Don

With reclassifying becoming more popular will we see players reclassifying, choosing a school, and then redshirting that first year (which would be their SR years)? 

I see this as a tactic that will start to be used if this one time free transfer rule comes in effect. There is no way you will keep 13 eligible scholarship players happy. Its basically what HCFH does now but replacing it with high schoolers.

Thoughts?

Edited by khoock

5 hours ago, khoock said:

With reclassifying becoming more popular will we see players reclassifying, choosing a school, and then redshirting that first year (which would be their SR years)? 

I see this as a tactic that will start to be used if this one time free transfer rule comes in effect. There is no way you will keep 13 eligible scholarship players happy. Its basically what HCFH does now but replacing it with high schoolers.

Thoughts?

Reclassifying has been a thing for quite awhile. I think we are hearing about it more because of the kids we are in on being possible options for it. 

Still doubt you see many guys redshirting. 

• 1 month later...
  • hhcmatt changed the title to 2021->2020 PF Gabe Wiznitzer -> Louisville