Anyone attending the Final Four?

Has anyone attended the Final Four before or planning to go this year?  

My wife surprised me with Tickets since we live in the Minneapolis area and could attend cheaper than if we ever tried to attend when we would need to travel, hotel, etc.

Other than the games, what are some of the can't miss events that you would recommend trying to see.

I've been in the past. I'm not sure of specifics on this year's event, but there's a variety of things you can do at these events. There are likely concerts scattered throughout the city, along with other popup events.

One thing to note, just know going in that you're going to have some horrible sightlines to the court since they host these events in giant stadiums and the basketball court covers 20% of the entire field and you're sitting in the same seats as a football game.

The city will be busy and the energy is electric. Have fun!

23 minutes ago, Blindcheck said:

My wife surprised me with Tickets since we live in the Minneapolis area and could attend cheaper than if we ever tried to attend when we would need to travel, hotel, etc.

Other than the games, what are some of the can't miss events that you would recommend trying to see.

Damn are you my brother in law?

4 minutes ago, Blindcheck said:

I don't think so...I know of no relatives in Missouri....although my Dad did attend Kemper Military school in Booneville, MO.

Well he and my sister live about hour from Minneapolis. Kemper got closed down several years ago as did the drive through liquor store in Booneville.

55 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Well he and my sister live about hour from Minneapolis. Kemper got closed down several years ago as did the drive through liquor store in Booneville.

My dad was on the board of Directors at kemper in the early 1980's and (relating to another post), we listened the 1982 Missouri game in Columbia on the way back from one of those meetings...(i used to run around the campus while Dad would do his business).  

I went to the campus about 5 years ago and took pictures for My dad...they had turned part of it into a YMCA.

Dad's Kemper roommate lived in Fulton and owned a funeral home in Fulton.

Edited by Blindcheck

34 minutes ago, Blindcheck said:

My dad was on the board of Directors at kemper in the early 1980's and (relating to another post), we listened the 1982 Missouri game in Columbia on the way back from one of those meetings...(i used to run around the campus while Dad would do his business).  

I went to the campus about 5 years ago and took pictures for My dad...they had turned part of it into a YMCA.

Dad's Kemper roommate lived in Fulton and owned a funeral home in Fulton.

Need to get over to Kemper and get photos.  

3 hours ago, Blindcheck said:

That's awesome, @Blindcheck !! Wish I could be there.... Although, the view on TV is pretty good, I'd still want to go. To be able to sit way down low, I'd imagine those tickets are real pricey.

Attend the Friday Team practice sessions at the stadium.  They are free.  Enjoy mingling with fans of the various schools.  I only attended one in 1992 in New Orleans, Chris Weber called the timeout he didn’t have, Dean Smith reaching for a cigarette as soon as he left the court and devouring oysters on the half shell and red beans, rice And andouille sausage. 

3 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

Attend the Friday Team practice sessions at the stadium.  They are free.  Enjoy mingling with fans of the various schools.  I only attended one in 1992 in New Orleans, Chris Weber called the timeout he didn’t have, Dean Smith reaching for a cigarette as soon as he left the court and devouring oysters on the half shell and red beans, rice And andouille sausage. 

Chris Webber called for that T.O. in '93. I was in west Africa at the time. Remember the time well. Kinda wild.

Screenshot-20190404-020958-Chrome.jpg

Next 7 years or so of final four sites. It's been one of my dream destinations to make an NCAA tournament, as I'm sure it is for many of us here. Maybe I can plan a trip to one of these, 2 birds one stone, I can also get to some cities on my bucket list! New orleans jumps out. But there are ones that are closer which would be easier to road trip. Greatest sporting events of all time! 

Also, link to the ncaa site I found these on. Useful reference: 

http://www.ncaa.org/championships/future-division-i-mens-basketball-championship-sites

12 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Chris Webber called for that T.O. in '93. I was in west Africa at the time. Remember the time well. Kinda wild.

I am old, missed my memory by a year.  Should have looked at my KU souvenir sweatshirt to get the year correct.

10 hours ago, HolyBobpilgrimage said:

Screenshot-20190404-020958-Chrome.jpg

Next 7 years or so of final four sites. It's been one of my dream destinations to make an NCAA tournament, as I'm sure it is for many of us here. Maybe I can plan a trip to one of these, 2 birds one stone, I can also get to some cities on my bucket list! New orleans jumps out. But there are ones that are closer which would be easier to road trip. Greatest sporting events of all time! 

Also, link to the ncaa site I found these on. Useful reference: 

http://www.ncaa.org/championships/future-division-i-mens-basketball-championship-sites

Cannot beat San Antonio.  Everything is within walking distance.