This Day is for You!

hal9000

They were very good but were killed by the Jayhawks in a game I saw at Allen that year. KU had Al Lopes, Jojo, Walt Wesley (one of my old Walt avatars), Delvy Lewis, and Ron Franz. somehow they got upset in the regionals that year when Texas Western won with Moe Iba as assistant. I think NU ended up losing to Marshall in the NIT.

6 hours ago, bkamler said:

I fondly remember Lantz, Baach, Branch, Campbell and Simmons.

Simmons started for the Denver Nuggets ABA team when I was going to college at University of Denver. solid ball player.

Growing up in Superior I was able to get Nuggets & Spurs games on the radio late at night. Lots of great games with David Thompson & George Gervin. The greatest Dunk contest was still the one at the ‘76 ABA All-Star game with Thompson, Larry Kenon & Dr J.

45 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Okay...this is a good time to break out this photo.  It hung in the BOB for years and was in the front page of the Lincoln Journal.  I am in the middle of the photo loving Cip losing it on the court...

22595 (1).jpeg

Does anybody else remember when Cip was taken off the floor by Arizona State Troopers at the Sun Bowl Christmas tournament after he was thrown out of the game and grabbed the half and final gun pistol off the scorer's table and shot it?

Edited by Silverbacked1

2 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Does anybody else remember when Cip was taken off the floor by Arizona State Troopers at the Sun Bowl Christmas tournament after he was thrown out of the game and grabbed the half and final gun pistol off the scorer's table and shot it?

I’ve only read about him, but dude sounded like a trip. I’ve done some reading about Jerry Bush as well, and “Big Bear of the Coliseum” is one awesome nick name.