2020 5-star C Xavier Foster -> Iowa St

46 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

My bad norm. It was an April fools post on an Iowa site( must really suck to be an Iowa fan ).  There’s actually another thread bitching he’s rumored to be visiting Nebraska at some time 

Not the least bit surprised by that.

Ames is, well, Ames.  Iowa City is cool but you'd have to play for that manic nut job.  OR you could go to Lincoln and play for a guy who not only played in the NBA but coached in the NBA, AND it's that same guy that you really liked as a kid when he turned around the program at Iowa State after that one dude messed it up.

So, you go kick the tires in Lincoln and see what the place is all about.

I could see it.

3 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

My bad norm. It was an April fools post on an Iowa site( must really suck to be an Iowa fan ).  There’s actually another thread bitching he’s rumored to be visiting Nebraska at some time 

This is hilarious. It was an April Fools joke. And the Hawkeye fans on the board were PISSED:

https://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/threads/xavier-foster-commits-to-iowa.86777/

In another Hawkeye thread, they talk about how there's legit news that Xavier is setting up a visit to Nebraska.

Wonder if that's something Fred was working on from after his March 4 conversation with Bill where they just kind of casually "met" each other, until that Friday morning a couple of days ago when he decided to take the job?

But it sounds like this isn't just a pipe dream but has some potential to it.

https://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/threads/when-can-we-expect-x-foster-to-declare.86760/

11 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

In another Hawkeye thread, they talk about how there's legit news that Xavier is setting up a visit to Nebraska.

Wonder if that's something Fred was working on from after his March 4 conversation with Bill where they just kind of casually "met" each other, until that Friday morning a couple of days ago when he decided to take the job?

But it sounds like this isn't just a pipe dream but has some potential to it.

https://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/threads/when-can-we-expect-x-foster-to-declare.86760/

The guy who posted the Nebraska thing is the same guy that posted the April Fools bit

It is interesting he has Nebraska and Creighton listed as teams of interest on his rivals page.  Usually if there is a top 150 guy in Iowa it seems like Roy Williams is all over him so I generally expect them to go to a blue blood.  

I am very curious to see what kind of traction Fred will get with the top 150 caliber players over the next couple of years.

8 hours ago, busticket said:

It is interesting he has Nebraska and Creighton listed as teams of interest on his rivals page.  Usually if there is a top 150 guy in Iowa it seems like Roy Williams is all over him so I generally expect them to go to a blue blood.  

I am very curious to see what kind of traction Fred will get with the top 150 caliber players over the next couple of weeks/months.

Fixed that for you.

I'm not holding my breath on this one. But if we could at least get him on campus, then the train can start rolling. Probably be a 2-3 year player. Need to look up tape. 

Hopefully Fred can use his connections in Iowa. Iowa will have lost out on the top guys in State for the past two years if they let him walk. 

Id imagine it has too be easy as hell too recruit here now
All's he has too say is
You wanna get too the nba
Ok
I can show you how on any level
Player
Coach
Exec how ya wanna get in lol.
I'd imagine we start seeing big star recruits going forward
Im Definetly as excited
if not more this off-season than last
But going from a super good guy in miles into a professional like Hoiberg in my eyes it's like when the bulls went from Collins too Phil
Hopefully they can recruit the next Jordan Scottie and Rodman
But for real
this spring
#NEBRASKETBALL

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, thattimeofyearchanges said:

Id imagine it has too be easy as hell too recruit here now
All's he has too say is
You wanna get too the nba
Ok
I can show you how on any level
Player
Coach
Exec how ya wanna get in lol.
I'd imagine we start seeing big star recruits going forward
Im Definetly as excited
if not more this off-season than last
But going from a super good guy in miles into a professional like Hoiberg in my eyes it's like when the bulls emoji6.png went from Collins too Phil
Hopefully they can recruit the next Jordan Scottie and Rodman emoji23.pngemoji16.pngemoji120.png
But for real
this spring
#NEBRASKETBALL

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Umm, I am not sure recruiting is ever easy or simple.  We certainly have a lot to sell, and we should indeed sell, and sell, and sell.  Yet I am not sure it is ever easy to recruit kids these days.  

• 6 months later...