Thank You Tim Miles!

The huge upgrade in talent that Miles brought in really sticks out to me.  And it's not the star rankings or the stats they produced.  At some point a couple of years ago, I just had this sudden realization durring a game of , "Wow we have 5 guys on the floor right now that all dunk regularly and can throw it down with authority"  That's the simple little thing that drove it home for me.

All through the 2000's we never really had more than a small handfull of guys per team that could/would/wanted to throw it down regularly.

Just now, Mr. Red said:

The huge upgrade in talent that Miles brought in really sticks out to me.  And it's not the star rankings or the stats they produced.  At some point a couple of years ago, I just had this sudden realization durring a game of , "Wow we have 5 guys on the floor right now that all dunk regularly and can throw it down with authority"  That's the simple little thing that drove it home for me.

All through the 2000's we never really had more than a small handfull of guys per team that could/would/wanted to throw it down regularly.

Remember when Nebraska dunks used to be the outlier and not the norm.

50 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

There is so much more that I could have posted.  I just wanted to thank Tim one last time before we head into the next era of Nebrasketball this afternoon.  

Definitely, I do believe Tim Miles helped take this program so it's back on an upward trajectory. That can't be mentioned enough. Thanks Coach Miles. Onward & upward. GBR !!!

1 hour ago, Mr. Red said:

And speaking of rankings we had a starting lineup this year where all the players were top 150 players and I think that we had no top 150 players under Collier or Sadler.

My thanks as well.  The few times I got to talk to him he was always upbeat and friendly.  If Andrew White does not transfer, the Big 10 was not down (was not as bad as people thought) the year we won 22 games and if what ever the heck happened this year did not happen things would be very different. I'm sure Tim will land on his feet.  When he was hired I remembered thinking he is just zany enough to think he can win a Nebraska and he just might.

Tim was the only coach since Moe that I didn't know personally, though I did sit next to him at Mass once. I liked his upbeat tv personality as much as the media did, but as many have pointed out, some unforeseen circumstances kept his teams from succeeding at the level we would have liked and if he had been resigned to a longer contract I fear the fan base would have been hopelessly divided. best wishes as he moves along. I'm sure he will land on his feet somewhere and he will still have many fans in Nebraska.