The Mayor's State of the Union Address

23 minutes ago, Klas3131 said:

It was bush league.  If Peterson and dumb ass Keith Murphy want to come to Lincoln to report on Hoiberg, fine.  Ask him questions on the side AFTER the press conference.  He's at Nebraska now, and by them actually taking up time during the actual press conference to ask questions about ISU and Iowa was just simply dumb.  Let the actual questions come from people that CARE about NEBRASKA basketball, not ISU or Iowa.  You know, the place where Hoiberg is NOW.

Do it like Kent Pavelka, the actual play by play guy of the HUSKERS, and have an interview with Fred after the presser.  Murphy did that for Channel 13 in Des Moines for their news cast last night, and those were some good questions.  But to actually ask about the friggin Iowa Hawkeyes at the main presser?  Unprofessional.  But I guess I should expect nothing less from these jealous ass hats over here that spend more time complaining about all things Nebraska than reporting on ISU or Iowa.  Obsession at its finest.  

There’s a lot to unpack here, but obviously I disagree with nearly everything in this post. Even I was interested in what Hoiberg had to say about ISU. 

Fans are funny. The things we get worked up over are really silly. 

15 hours ago, 49r said:

Also the talk about Hoiberg running a "positionless" system similar to Miles' is going to be problematic for some 'Sker fans who still can't wrap their minds around the notion that the traditional big man #5 is kind of becoming a thing of the past.

For those who think that we'll finally see a big man back on the team, like a Purdue, they may be bitterly disappointed.

I do think the best way to approach basketball is to have a great big that can dominate the Post....but since those are so hard to find, postionless basketball is much more effective than having a mediocre post player.

20 minutes ago, GATA said:

There’s a lot to unpack here, but obviously I disagree with nearly everything in this post. Even I was interested in what Hoiberg had to say about ISU. 

Fans are funny. The things we get worked up over are really silly. 

Try living in the midst of these aholes.  You'd be worked up too.  

1 minute ago, GATA said:

I lived in Des Moines for three years before moving to the Quad Cities, where I’ve lived for the past 10 years. 

And these Iowa and ISU fans don't get under your skin?  Their obsession and jealousy with all things Nebraska is just unreal.  ISU fans I can tolerate, but Iowa fans?  Most arrogant bastards in sports.  They've won NOTHING but think they are Alabama.  Yes, they have wrestling.

You like Randy Peterson?  To each his own.  Most Iowa State fans can't stand the guy and lots of them thinks his presence and question yesterday was embarrassing.

1 minute ago, Klas3131 said:

And these Iowa and ISU fans don't get under your skin?  Their obsession and jealousy with all things Nebraska is just unreal.  ISU fans I can tolerate, but Iowa fans?  Most arrogant bastards in sports.  They've won NOTHING but think they are Alabama.  Yes, they have wrestling.

You like Randy Peterson?  To each his own.  Most Iowa State fans can't stand the guy and lots of them thinks his presence and question yesterday was embarrassing.

I know Randy. Great guy and great reporter. 

And let’s be honest, if ISU fans weren’t losing their minds and acting like babies about Hoiberg going to Nebraska then he very well might not have asked the question during the press conference. It’s hilarious that ISU fans are in the midst of an existential crisis but have the gall to be embarrassed by a question at a press conference. 

Lots of fans need need to get over themselves. 

On 4/2/2019 at 4:25 PM, HuskerFever said:

Hoiberg on BTN Live:

"(At Iowa State) I give my staff a lot of credit to go out and find the talent to compete."

"We're going to try to put an exciting tempo out there on the floor (uptempo)."

"In college you didn't have an analytics person (back at ISU)... (learned a lot in his time in the NBA about analytics, from players to the game plan)."

"(Hoiberg's three point shot) is like riding a bike... none of my players have beat me at a three-point shooting contest."

UN-L has a department dedicated to sports analytics. I'm sure FH is very well aware.

12 hours ago, HoiBall said:

I assume you have no idea who he is. I’ll let the ignorance pass

Hankins isn't a former Nebraska football coach, player, or AD at another school.  Hiring someone without that sort of background regardless of whether or not he was on that track at Iowa would be out of the ordinary and if any current coach is going to have influence over it, it's Frost.

41 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Hankins isn't a former Nebraska football coach, player, or AD at another school.  Hiring someone without that sort of background regardless of whether or not he was on that track at Iowa would be out of the ordinary and if any current coach is going to have influence over it, it's Frost.

And who's to say he wasn't hand picked by said decision makers?