Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AuroranHusker

2019-2020 Husker opponents

Recommended Posts

This is the post I have done for the Miles era. I'd like to keep the original post updated throughout the summer to keep it correct & up-to-date.

 

** ITALY SUMMER TRIP -- Italy trip is slated for August 3-13 **

 

Nebraska plays at Creighton

 

No game in Gavitt Games  (as in "none" in 2019)

 

Potential home game in the Big Ten-ACC Challenge

 

** Looks like a holiday tournament is in the works (3-4 games, with 1 at home)

 

 

 

 

 

5 other 'buy' games (seem kind of likely in Hoiberg's 1st year in Lincoln)

 

Big Ten schedule:

 

Home Only: Michigan State, Penn State, Purdue


Road Only: Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota

 

Home & Road: Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Northwestern, Ohio State, Rutgers, Wisconsin

 

 

 

Edited by AuroranHusker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

 

** ITALY SUMMER TRIP -- FORTUITOUS TIMING FOR FRED HOIBERG **

 

 

Since you can have them only 4 years....and not sure who can come on the trip....I would think next year would have been better after you get some of your roster on board.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Blindcheck said:

Since you can have them only 4 years....and not sure who can come on the trip....I would think next year would have been better after you get some of your roster on board.

 

 

 

Attraction for dudes to hop on board the Freddy hype train. Choo-choo.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blindcheck said:

Since you can have them only 4 years....and not sure who can come on the trip....I would think next year would have been better after you get some of your roster on board.

 

It would be the hope that you mostly have your roster put together at this point and this would be a very good time to figure out what you have for a team.  In reality some of these guys you can only have for 1-2 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

 

It would be the hope that you mostly have your roster put together at this point and this would be a very good time to figure out what you have for a team.  In reality some of these guys you can only have for 1-2 years

If he gets guys eligible to play next year...(transfers, jucos, 4 year guys etc)...can they play this summer in Italy or not?

 

Or is this just for the players currently on the roster as of the end of this semester.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Blindcheck said:

I may have misstated the Italy trips...if I remember correctly, you can only have these trips every four years. (I wasn't referring to the players)

 

Ah I misread that. Yeah, it's once every 4 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Blindcheck said:

If he gets guys eligible to play next year...(transfers, jucos, 4 year guys etc)...can they play this summer in Italy or not?

 

Or is this just for the players currently on the roster as of the end of this semester.

 

Anyone we have enrolled in school and that should include transfers who need to sit out a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

 

Anyone we have enrolled in school and that should include transfers who need to sit out a year.

I dont believe Anton Gill went that year with Tim Miles. Or atleast definitely didnt play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2019 at 6:58 PM, AuroranHusker said:

This is the post I have done for the Miles era. I'd like to keep the original post updated throughout the summer to keep it correct & up-to-date.

** ITALY SUMMER TRIP -- FORTUITOUS TIMING FOR FRED HOIBERG **

Nebraska plays at Creighton

Potential road game in Gavitt Games (and possibly "none")

Potential home game in the Big Ten-ACC Challenge

Feel free to add to this as the off-season heats up.

Are we in any of those holiday tournaments? I thought we were, but I can't recall at the moment...

Edited by uneblinstu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, uneblinstu said:

Are we in any of those holiday tournaments? I thought we were, but I can't recall at the moment...

 

I thought so to but looked and can't find any tournaments we are in next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, uneblinstu said:

Are we in any of those holiday tournaments? I thought we were, but I can't recall at the moment...

 

I think Nebraska completed the 3-year series with ESPN holiday tournaments. I hope NU can grab a more high-profile tourney schedule for 2020 & beyond, now that Freddy's 'N'!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, khoock said:

Anybody wanna take a dive into how Hoiberg scheduled in the non-con during his time at Iowa State?

I would think with 20 conf games, a probable tournament, ACC/Big 10 challenge, Creighton, and a Gavitt game, probably cupcakes should be the remainder.  That leaves 6 games against cupcakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2019 at 9:12 AM, Blindcheck said:

Since you can have them only 4 years....and not sure who can come on the trip....I would think next year would have been better after you get some of your roster on board.

 

 

As a season ticket holder, I hope that he is not waiting for anything. I hope expects to play well, be entertaining, and win in 2019-20.   If you have Jervay, Dachon, Davis, Harris, Arop, a bigger, stronger Heiman (that sounds weird...), maybe Roby, fill in with 2 or 3 eligible transfers or new recruits who want to play now, he will figure out way to be competitive.  Italy would be a great way to get that new group on the same page.

Edited by 89Husker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bobby Lutz is putting together the schedule.

He has it done in principle except for one game.

 

We'll have the away game at Creighton and an ACC-B1G challenge game (nothing known on this except it was away last year)

We're looking at a holiday tournament. So that is typically 3-4 games between the actual tourney games and being assigned opponents.

That leaves us 5 games which I have the impression that they will all be home games and won't be Power 5 teams or probably not high mid-majors....we're looking to schedule lighter because it's the first year.  I have to look back but he did mention not facing anyone too poor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Bobby Lutz is putting together the schedule.

He has it done in principle except for one game.

 

We'll have the away game at Creighton and an ACC-B1G challenge game (nothing known on this except it was away last year)

We're looking at a holiday tournament. So that is typically 3-4 games between the actual tourney games and being assigned opponents.

That leaves us 5 games which I have the impression that they will all be home games and won't be Power 5 teams or probably not high mid-majors....we're looking to schedule lighter because it's the first year.  I have to look back but he did mention not facing anyone too poor.

 

What about a Big Ten/Big East matchup? No guarantees we're one of the 10 teams, but is the Gavitt Games still going to be a thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

 

What about a Big Ten/Big East matchup? No guarantees we're one of the 10 teams, but is the Gavitt Games still going to be a thing?

 

Sorry forgot to type that. We are not playing a Gavitt game this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...