2019-20 Husker opponents

34 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Holy crap! I'm looking for a Faux Pelini "OMG WHAT WAS THE SCORE" angle and not finding one. Five assists in the first half? Of the game? While the outcome was still in doubt? Wowzer.  Good for him.

Cash Winston was DNP last night so that's probably the reason why Jack was in the game.  And honestly after about the first 4 minutes of the game it was no longer in doubt.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2019 at 9:12 PM, 49r said:

Not a Husker 2019-20 opponent, but:

Rattlers (2-9) are KenPom #300...After winning in Hilton Coliseum.

The Cyclowns are really pissed about this. We lost a buy game, but we, of course, have an excuse. Fred deployed a completely revamped roster in Year 1 with 13 scholarship guys who had never played together before and were assembled over the course of about 30 days in April and May. Lose a buy game or two under those circumstances, and you can kinda understand it.

But this is Prohm's Year 5, and he reached the Sweet 16 his first season with a roster Hoiberg assembled.  So, he started out with a table that was pretty well set for him.

So, to lose a buy game halfway through his 5th season to a team in the bottom 50 is NOT going to sit very well with anyone who cares about Iowa State Basketball.

11 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

The Cyclowns are really pissed about this. We lost a buy game, but we, of course, have an excuse. Fred deployed a completely revamped roster in Year 1 with 13 scholarship guys who had never played together before and were assembled over the course of about 30 days in April and May. Lose a buy game or two under those circumstances, and you can kinda understand it.

But this is Prohm's Year 5, and he reached the Sweet 16 his first season with a roster Hoiberg assembled.  So, he started out with a table that was pretty well set for him.

So, to lose a buy game halfway through his 5th season to a team in the bottom 50 is NOT going to sit very well with anyone who cares about Iowa State Basketball.

Especially when you have Future Lottery Pick™ Tyrese Haliburton running the show...

Little tidbit: I think I read that, after his first season, Fred's ISU teams never lost more than 3 homes games in a season. Prohm's squad has already lost 3 and they have 8 conference home games remaining, 3 of which are against teams that are currently ranked and a 4th against an Oklahoma Sooner team that just won at Texas.

Why do I care about Iowa State?  I don't. Really. Except there's a small amount of buzz that they'd like to dump Prohm and bring back McDermott. And I wouldn't mind seeing that at all.

31 minutes ago, 49r said:

There's even more buzz on their message board about John Beilein maybe not working out so great with Cleveland and how great would it be to pick him up after he fizzles out there:  https://www.sbnation.com/2020/1/9/21058001/john-beilein-cavaliers-thugs

Iowa State isn't going to luck into Beilein, that's a MAJOR "pipe" dream that those dudes are smokin'

4 hours ago, 49r said:

There's even more buzz on their message board about John Beilein maybe not working out so great with Cleveland and how great would it be to pick him up after he fizzles out there:  https://www.sbnation.com/2020/1/9/21058001/john-beilein-cavaliers-thugs

6 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Little tidbit: I think I read that, after his first season, Fred's ISU teams never lost more than 3 homes games in a season. Prohm's squad has already lost 3 and they have 8 conference home games remaining, 3 of which are against teams that are currently ranked and a 4th against an Oklahoma Sooner team that just won at Texas.

Why do I care about Iowa State?  I don't. Really. Except there's a small amount of buzz that they'd like to dump Prohm and bring back McDermott. And I wouldn't mind seeing that at all.

Didn't they just extend Prohm so that Alabama wouldn't steal him?

I wouldn't expect Johnny Orr 2.0 nor hiring back the only coach not to make the NCAA tournament there in the last 40 year anytime in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...