2019-20 Husker opponents

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Those two December B1G games are very interesting - two really solid opponents, but we've had a ton of success lately in Bloomington. Hopefully we can split them as our team continues to gel, but I think you could make a case for 2-0 or 0-2 as well. 

Just from an initial glance, it looks like the back half of the B1G schedule is more challenging than the front half, so that's beneficial for a team that should improve steadily throughout the year.

No home games between Nov 22 and Dec 15 is odd.

B1G schedule is kind of lumpy - 4x we have back to back home games, 4x we have back to back road games. That schedule layout probably doesn't lend itself to many significant winning or losing streaks during league play.

Just 74 days left till the season opener!

17 hours ago, HuskerActuary said:

Anyone know when the tipoff times will be set?

Last year it was on September 6th so hopefully in a couple weeks. 

https://bigten.org/news/2018/9/6/big-ten-announces-start-times-and-television-designations-for-2018-19-mens-basketball-conference-schedule-and-select-non-conference-games.aspx

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

BREAKING: Georgia Tech basketball banned from the postseason in 2019-20 (Our ACC challenge opponent)

Interesting little tidbit. I still recall that beatdown Georgia Tech put on NU back in that 1991 Citrus Bowl. Yeah, it's not much to grasp onto to dislike G.T. but I'll still give it a go. Aurora, NE, native Tom Haase started at QB for that bowl game, a 45-21 loss to a natty Ramblin' Wreck.