2019-20 Husker opponents

We're 2-0 vs Southern.

First meeting was Miles' first game at Nebraska.

2nd meeting was the "Jeriah Horne game" where we had just lost to Gardner Webb and we couldn't pull away from the Jaguars. Horne put up 18 in 18 minutes and we won by 5.

1 hour ago, uneblinstu said:

Final 2018-19 Kenpom:

Southern Utah - 273

Southern - 335

South Dakota St. - 92 (but they're a very different program now...)

UC-Riverside - 322

There's a very strong probability that we won't need to be monitoring any NET or composite rankings this next season. So that saves @royalfan and I some headache on that front. But if we can maintain some stability in high quality recruiting, maybe we won't have to monitor those metrics and watch the likes of Delaware State and Marist, but instead watch the games of the ranked teams ahead of us.

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

There's a very strong probability that we won't need to be monitoring any NET or composite rankings this next season. So that saves @royalfan and I some headache on that front. But if we can maintain some stability in high quality recruiting, maybe we won't have to monitor those metrics and watch the likes of Delaware State and Marist, but instead watch the games of the ranked teams ahead of us.

Phew. That means I can save my energy for hate-watching Crayton and Dook.

This year versus last will certainly be a study in contrasts:

• Fourth- and fifth-year seniors playing versus first-year transfers and freshmen.
  • Experience at the high Division I level versus not so much.
  • Experience playing together versus not.
  • Seventh-year coach with an unremarkable record and his system in place, versus first-year coach with a more remarkable record but with system not in place.
  • GATA versus SHOOT!

If you were ranking Nebraska, you'd probably say they'll struggle in the Big Ten against players who understand that struggle.

We're betting on what we perceive to be very good talent and a coaching staff that has proven to be successful overcoming what others may perceive to be weaknesses.

15 minutes ago, jayschool said:

This year versus last will certainly be a study in contrasts:

• Fourth- and fifth-year seniors playing versus first-year transfers and freshmen.
  • Experience at the high Division I level versus not so much.
  • Experience playing together versus not.
  • Seventh-year coach with an unremarkable record and his system in place, versus first-year coach with a more remarkable record but with system not in place.
  • GATA versus SHOOT!

If you were ranking Nebraska, you'd probably say they'll struggle in the Big Ten against players who understand that struggle.

We're betting on what we perceive to be very good talent and a coaching staff that has proven to be successful overcoming what others may perceive to be weaknesses.

True. However, when Steve Kerr uses a play your coach designed in order to win a game in the NBA Finals ...

21 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

I really think GATA was a Craig Smith deal.  I've seen it from him via social media over the years and not from us much.

Miles and the NU social media team used it for a few years, not much if at the all during the past several as #USAlways, Heart over Hype, and #HateWillNeverWin became the rallying cries.