2019-20 Husker opponents

This is the post I have done for the Miles era. I'd like to keep the original post updated throughout the summer to keep it correct & up-to-date.

** ITALY SUMMER TRIP -- Italy trip is slated for August 3-13 **

Opening Night event (Sept. 27th)

Secret scrimmage at Wichita St. (Oct. 26th)

Home exhibition vs Doane (Oct. 30th)

Home game vs UC-Riverside (Nov. 5th)

Home game vs Southern Utah (Nov. 9th)

Home game vs South Dakota State (Nov. 15th)

Home game vs Southern (Nov. 22nd)

** Cayman Islands Classic holiday tournament (3 games) -- Nov. 25-27

Opening matchup for Nebraska: vs Wazzu - Nov. 25th at 6:30 pm CST.

Cayman Classic Tournament Bracket

NU *at* Georgia Tech (B1G-ACC Challenge -- Dec. 4th)

NU *at* Creighton (Dec. 7th)

* Likely both a home and road Big Ten game -- perhaps in a window of Dec. 10-12 and Dec. 14-17 *

Home game vs North Dakota (Dec. 21st)

Home game vs TAMU-Corpus Christi (Dec. 29th)

Big Ten schedule:

Home Only: Michigan State, Penn State, Purdue

Road Only: Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota

Home & Road: Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Northwestern, Ohio State, Rutgers, Wisconsin

Edited by AuroranHusker
FULL SEASON SCHEDULE SECURED 8-23-19 w/ TIMES FOR 26 GAMES 9-5-19

1 hour ago, Blindcheck said:

Since you can have them only 4 years....and not sure who can come on the trip....I would think next year would have been better after you get some of your roster on board.

It would be the hope that you mostly have your roster put together at this point and this would be a very good time to figure out what you have for a team.  In reality some of these guys you can only have for 1-2 years

35 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

It would be the hope that you mostly have your roster put together at this point and this would be a very good time to figure out what you have for a team.  In reality some of these guys you can only have for 1-2 years

If he gets guys eligible to play next year...(transfers, jucos, 4 year guys etc)...can they play this summer in Italy or not?

Or is this just for the players currently on the roster as of the end of this semester.

38 minutes ago, Blindcheck said:

If he gets guys eligible to play next year...(transfers, jucos, 4 year guys etc)...can they play this summer in Italy or not?

Or is this just for the players currently on the roster as of the end of this semester.

Anyone we have enrolled in school and that should include transfers who need to sit out a year.

On 3/31/2019 at 6:58 PM, AuroranHusker said:

This is the post I have done for the Miles era. I'd like to keep the original post updated throughout the summer to keep it correct & up-to-date.

** ITALY SUMMER TRIP -- FORTUITOUS TIMING FOR FRED HOIBERG **

Nebraska plays at Creighton

Potential road game in Gavitt Games (and possibly "none")

Potential home game in the Big Ten-ACC Challenge

Feel free to add to this as the off-season heats up.

Are we in any of those holiday tournaments? I thought we were, but I can't recall at the moment...

Edited by uneblinstu

6 hours ago, khoock said:

Anybody wanna take a dive into how Hoiberg scheduled in the non-con during his time at Iowa State?

I would think with 20 conf games, a probable tournament, ACC/Big 10 challenge, Creighton, and a Gavitt game, probably cupcakes should be the remainder.  That leaves 6 games against cupcakes.

On 4/3/2019 at 9:12 AM, Blindcheck said:

Since you can have them only 4 years....and not sure who can come on the trip....I would think next year would have been better after you get some of your roster on board.

As a season ticket holder, I hope that he is not waiting for anything. I hope expects to play well, be entertaining, and win in 2019-20.   If you have Jervay, Dachon, Davis, Harris, Arop, a bigger, stronger Heiman (that sounds weird...), maybe Roby, fill in with 2 or 3 eligible transfers or new recruits who want to play now, he will figure out way to be competitive.  Italy would be a great way to get that new group on the same page.

Edited by 89Husker

• 2 weeks later...

Bobby Lutz is putting together the schedule.

He has it done in principle except for one game.

We'll have the away game at Creighton and an ACC-B1G challenge game (nothing known on this except it was away last year)

We're looking at a holiday tournament. So that is typically 3-4 games between the actual tourney games and being assigned opponents.

That leaves us 5 games which I have the impression that they will all be home games and won't be Power 5 teams or probably not high mid-majors....we're looking to schedule lighter because it's the first year.  I have to look back but he did mention not facing anyone too poor.

5 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Bobby Lutz is putting together the schedule.

He has it done in principle except for one game.

We'll have the away game at Creighton and an ACC-B1G challenge game (nothing known on this except it was away last year)

We're looking at a holiday tournament. So that is typically 3-4 games between the actual tourney games and being assigned opponents.

That leaves us 5 games which I have the impression that they will all be home games and won't be Power 5 teams or probably not high mid-majors....we're looking to schedule lighter because it's the first year.  I have to look back but he did mention not facing anyone too poor.

What about a Big Ten/Big East matchup? No guarantees we're one of the 10 teams, but is the Gavitt Games still going to be a thing?