The "New Avatar" Club

I also joined the "New Signature" Club. Sad to see old one go:

"I want our students at the game, on their feet, the entire time... The students can make a difference in winning. The fans, the energy they can provide at games - in the recruiting process - can make a difference in winning... But I promise you this. You give us a chance... It's going to be a blast." - Coach Miles

Although Miles' vow in his press conference (his very first words if I remember correctly) were: "I wanna win an NCAA tournament game. Let's do it, right?" (vividly ingrained in my memory), he did so much for this program. You know what, he made basketball fun to support again for the casual fans. He helped build that momentum, that energy, that desire.

And now Hoiberg has the chance to elevate that even more. I'm so excited to see where this goes.

Out with the old, in with the new:

"I do see great potential here. There's no question about that... if we can get the kids on campus, there's a lot to sell here... we expect to get some high level kids in here."
"We want this to be our last stop." - Coach Hoiberg

6 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

I also joined the "New Signature" Club. Sad to see old one go:

"I want our students at the game, on their feet, the entire time... The students can make a difference in winning. The fans, the energy they can provide at games - in the recruiting process - can make a difference in winning... But I promise you this. You give us a chance... It's going to be a blast." - Coach Miles

Although Miles' vow in his press conference (his very first words if I remember correctly) were: "I wanna win an NCAA tournament game. Let's do it, right?" (vividly ingrained in my memory), he did so much for this program. You know what, he made basketball fun to support again for the casual fans. He helped build that momentum, that energy, that desire.

And now Hoiberg has the chance to elevate that even more. I'm so excited to see where this goes.

Out with the old, in with the new:

"I do see great potential here. There's no question about that... if we can get the kids on campus, there's a lot to sell here... we expect to get some high level kids in here."
"We want this to be our last stop." - Coach Hoiberg

There are so many Cyclone fans that are just so angry about this.  On one hand, I can see that a little.  Imagine if Frost left here in a few years, went to the NFL because that was his "dream", then came back to coach Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, etc.  That would be hard to see.  But what I don't get is that after Fred left ISU, they got Steve Prohm, who has done just as well as Fred and kept that program extremely relevant.  Some could even say he enhanced it.  If Fred had left ISU, and the bottom fell out, I could then see the anger a lot more.  

Edited by Klas3131

Yeah I don't get the hate either.  I find myself rooting for Iowa State in hoops and football pretty much everytime they play.  I was down at the Power & Light for the Big 12 championship a couple of weeks ago and had the best time.  Cheered my ass off for the 'Clones.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by 49r

2 minutes ago, 49r said:

Yeah I don't get the hate either.  I find myself rooting for Iowa State in hoops and football pretty much everytime they play.  I was down at the Power & Light for the Big 12 championship a couple of weeks ago and had the best time.  Cheered my ass off for the 'Clones.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well little did you know they have disdain for you. Trust me, I live in the middle of it and they hate everything Nebraska

9 minutes ago, 49r said:

And also the WSU game at the Alamo for football. The ISU "rivalry" has been anything but an afterthought for me at this point. No disrespect for that, it just hasn't been using any of my brain power for years. ISU has had a fun product on the court that I've enjoyed watching at times and they've had some decent football squads to watch.

They're sounding more and more like Creighton fans, but wearing cardinal on Saturdays instead of scarlet.

4 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

Well little did you know they have disdain for you. Trust me, I live in the middle of it and they hate everything Nebraska

I can attest to this as well.   I used to root more for the Cyclones, but I've lost a lot of respect for them over this whole Hoiberg situation.

Hawkeye fans I'll continue to loathe until the day I die.  Absolute jackasses - every stinking one of them!!!!

13 minutes ago, 49r said:

Yeah, it's because Husker fans are awesome. ISU fans are salty because Nebraska kicked the ever-lovin' sh!t outta 'em for 100 years !!! ha!

Took the leap.  While I'm a little concerned that I just jinxed our chances with Roby by getting rid of my Roby dunk avatar.  I saw the elevator door before Hoiberg came out I told myself, there is my new avatar.  Nice touch by the Athletic Dept. tricking out the elevator door.