The "New Avatar" Club

6 minutes ago, Bill Self's Toupee said:

Have to ask...  what does the "cip" in "cipsucks" stand for?  Hoping it's not Cipriano, as I have some fond elementary school memories of Joe Cipriano.

First game I ever went to, in the Coliseum, had to be 1973 or 74, we were playing Kansas State.  During a time out, when the crowd was silent, someone shouted out "Cip Sucks!"  Don't remember much else about the game.  That line, however, stays with me! 

1 minute ago, cipsucks said:

First game I ever went to, in the Coliseum, had to be 1973 or 74, we were playing Kansas State.  During a time out, when the crowd was silent, someone shouted out "Cip Sucks!"  Don't remember much else about the game.  That line, however, stays with me! 

That's a great memory....... of 1 moment....... in some random K-St. game...... from 45 years ago ! ?

1 hour ago, Bill Self's Toupee said:

Thanks for sharing!  I went to a couple of games with my Dad the last season we played in the Coliseum, I think that was '75.  I don't recall anybody yelling things like that, but I do recall (at least this is how I remember it) hearing about Cipriano having to leave coaching because of cancer, then passing away shortly after - this was a few years later.  A surprising thing to hear about at that age.

You never heard the "Just like Joe, Moe must go" chants?  Sheltered life....

2 hours ago, cipsucks said:

And he did, my dad would cuss him out every game. I'm sticking with the Bugeaters avi.

Edited by Bugeaters1