So, when do they close in the north end of PBA?

On 7/27/2019 at 11:31 PM, trickey said:

Until we can not only sell out the arena but actually have the seats fully occupied for all B1G games and at least all mid majors and up, we don't need to ruin the atmosphere by putting in a couple thousand more of the least occupied seats.

Leave it as it is unless we can consistently sell and occupy the current 300 level seats for perhaps 3 to 5 years.

If we do that, it means we have had success. Perhaps then and it will be time to expand.

Before that time, we should strive to make Husker PBA games a very tough ticket.

As long as we're talking atmosphere, can I hijack my own thread for a moment to offer the following suggestion?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CLOSE THE TUNNELS ON THE SOUTH END OF THE ARENA SO THAT IF PEOPLE WANT TO LEAVE 5 MINUTES EARLY, THEY HAVE TO GO UP TO THE CONCOURSE RATHER THAN DOWN TO THE FLOOR LEVEL.

If they do that from game 1, people will figure out pretty quickly to either remain in their seats a while longer or exit the arena by climbing up the stairs instead of down. It's just such a bad look to see the traffic jam of people trying to get out of there with 2-3 minutes left in the game.

Make an announcement during the games: "Except in the event of fire or other natural disaster, the tunnels on the south end of the arena floor will be closed to spectators from the last media timeout until the final horn. Please plan accordingly. Thank you."

And if that doesn't work, I would suggest some peer pressure from people near those tunnel exits. Boo the people leaving early. Tell them they're bad fans and they should use a different exit if they're going to leave early.

4 hours ago, Neebraska said:

I believe the number that was quoted during a tour I took during construction was 1,500 seats could be added by completing the upper bowl.  That would be the same  amount as what they added in Omaha when they completed to upper bowl also.

That's probably fairly close to the case. I'd suspect that it's possible to add around 1750 if they added more rows than originally planned for a future addition. It would likely be around 17,500 as a full sellout.

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of things from this string of posts -

1. I do not believe (due to fire code) that they can block off the floor level entrance or exit portals.

2. Adding seats in the north end of PBA will only increase the capacity by at most 1,500, and most likely a little bit less. There is no way closing that in will add 3,000 seats to PBA.

• 3 weeks later...