Fred Hoiberg is N

hhcmatt

14 hours ago, jimmykc said:

So they closed the museum after Bob passed. Wonder when the sign will come down? Next you will tell me that the Spam museum in Austin ,Minn. is also closed and I will have nothing to pass the time. 

Hit Fields of Dreams.  Guy I play softball rent the field a couple years ago for us to go and play a pick up game there.  Unfortunately, Mother Nature was a female dog and rained us out,

14 minutes ago, Mr. Red said:

I feel like I just sat through your therapy session!

Yeah, sorry about that.  I've lived in Iowa my entire life (except for 1 year in Minneapolis) and love the state.  But the "fans" of a couple of universities in this state set me off......

I never realized Iowa and Nebraska had any animosity. Having just spent a night in Des Moines (Ankeny, actually) they seemed to treat us pretty well. I even discovered that Gordon Lightfoot would be giving a concert in Cedar Rapids in June. He must not be as dead as I thought. It is a very boring state to drive through, although for the umpteenth time I neglected to stop at the Bob Feller museum which might have spiced up the trip.
U have to stop at the freedom rock.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I read something on Hawkeye Report or Hawkeye Nation or one of those sites about this when I was lurking around B1G message boards looking for Hoiberg reaction and a Hawkeye fan explained the whole "Debby" thing.  It goes like this.

They think it's fun to assign female names as nicknames for their rivals because they think it's "emasculating".  Not sure why it's important to do so, but it must have something to do with their own insecurity and latent homosexuality or something...whatever, pardon my digression...but the way it works is they take a nickname and change a letter or two to achieve this.  

For example, in Wisconsin's case, they use "Bucky" because it's the name of the Wisconsin mascot and change one letter to make it "Becky".  Preeeetttyyy clever, eh???

For Nebraska, they have (for some unknown reason) eschewed the very commonplace "derogatory" Nubs or Nubbers that you see pretty much everywhere else and instead choose "Nebby" as being short for Nebraska.  Taken a step further then they replace the N with a D and we get "Debby".  Preeeetttyyy clever, eh???

Those Iowans, man, they don't miss a beat!
Hey now I have NEB cap on.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk