Fred Hoiberg is N

hhcmatt

3 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Some people want Erstad gone though. And some are on this board.

Conversation for another thread and another day, but with Moos firing tennis and golf coaches for performance who knows what will go down on the baseball front. Been some exciting games this season so far though! Speaking of Texas Tech... :lol:

Anybody happen to know what it would take to migrate from 300 level to 200 or 100, besides just throwing a bucket of cash their way?  I've tried the seat yourself process in the past to see if I could get lower seats, but when it opened up to me (a 300-er), all the lower seats were already gone with the wind.  

Just now, hal9000 said:

Anybody happen to know what it would take to migrate from 300 level to 200 or 100, besides just throwing a bucket of cash their way?  I've tried the seat yourself process in the past to see if I could get lower seats, but when it opened up to me (a 300-er), all the lower seats were already gone with the wind.  

donate a ton of money!!

45 minutes ago, hal9000 said:

You pretty much had to be a donor for basketball only in the Devaney Center days. That’s when they separated football donation level from basketball. People like me in the C level were then given 100 level seat options. Can’t imagibe their is much turnover in those seats since the donor level is reasonable. Think it’s $300.

12 minutes ago, DOATHLON said:

You pretty much had to be a donor for basketball only in the Devaney Center days. That’s when they separated football donation level from basketball. People like me in the C level were then given 100 level seat options. Can’t imagibe their is much turnover in those seats since the donor level is reasonable. Think it’s $300.

So does a General Athletic donation that is paid for football tickets help me out if I’m trying to get tickets? Or will I be behind because I have donor points but not basketball points?

I don’t think it matters now. Its what the AD department had to do to make sure the lower bowl would be full. The old A and B sections at Devaney were full of football donors that rarely attended or were JaySkers. The tickets were cheap so of course they would buy them. When they moved to pinnacle they rewarded the basketball donors (rebounders club ect.) and made football donors also donate for basketball seats which is still the rule today so.........IF there are 100 level seats available (which I don’t think have been since the arena opened) you would have to hope your points get you a chance at those seats then pay a $300 donation per seat for 100 level and I think it’s $750 to be in the club seats which are glorified 100 level seats. 

Decided to peruse some other (Iowa, Michigan and MSU) B10 boards and 99% on Iowa board said no way would Hoiberg show up because it's Nebraska. But since hire was announced most of them are sure Fred will best Fran since he already has a 4-1 record versus Fran. As for the other 2 boards the consensus is it is a waste of money as Hoiberg is just here to collect the check. Also it is impossible to recruit to Lincoln and basketball at Nebraska will never be any good. I guess I didn't realize East Lansing and Ann Arbor were vacation get aways like Blacksburg, VA and Lubbock, TX. 

49 minutes ago, rr52 said:

Decided to peruse some other (Iowa, Michigan and MSU) B10 boards and 99% on Iowa board said no way would Hoiberg show up because it's Nebraska. But since hire was announced most of them are sure Fred will best Fran since he already has a 4-1 record versus Fran. As for the other 2 boards the consensus is it is a waste of money as Hoiberg is just here to collect the check. Also it is impossible to recruit to Lincoln and basketball at Nebraska will never be any good. I guess I didn't realize East Lansing and Ann Arbor were vacation get aways like Blacksburg, VA and Lubbock, TX. 

I was in a group chat with some Creighton Fans (sorry, I am a Prep grad) and the consensus was Nebraska overpaid. After about the 3rd text containing WAY OVERPAID, I replied .    "yeah we could have bought a lot of Brian Bowens for that...."  

10 hours ago, PimpMario said:

Nope.  The separated donations when they opened PBA.

Football donors would get tickets and then never show up.  The 100 level was always half empty at the bob

Unless I'm misinterpreting what PimpMario is trying to say, this isn't correct. Here's how it works. You donate money to get season tickets for football, basketball, etc. Whatever sport it is, you get priority points toward your general Athletic Department account. Each year, there is a Seat Yourself process where everyone is ranked based on their total Athletic Department priority points. This is the order that you get to look at open basketball seats and try to improve your tickets. Now, you do have to pay the basketball-specific donation that is tied to the season tickets that you choose (which varies from $0 for the majority of the arena, up to $1000 for the top club section), but in terms of the order that you get to choose your seats, football and basketball all go toward the same ranking system.

In terms of trying to get better basketball seats, your best bet would to be give a large one-time donation. Priority points are worth three times extra in the year that they are given, so a large one-time donation would give you a temporary boost before that donation just rolls into the normal lifetime giving amount the next year. But, I would guess that this year, the season ticket turnover will be very low so this would be a futile effort. You may want to wait 1-2 years when season ticket turnover will be at a more normal level.

@HoiBall

Edited by HuskerActuary
Adding HoiBall tag