Fred Hoiberg is N

hhcmatt

42 minutes ago, demone said:

Just had to chime in - the excitement and enthusiasm I have for this hire is truly off the charts! I cannot wait to see where Coach Hoiberg takes this program and while I've seen a lot of criticism of Bill Moos, he has done exactly what he needed to do. I could not be happier that he was the guy in charge.

Criticism has been mostly BS. Lots of misinformation has been feeding the rumor mill. Moos has more than proven himself.

Just now, Bill Self's Toupee said:

Sorry, I was trying to have a bit of humor there also.  Not my forte, I guess.

Definitely not! But it's all good. I just took out a ten page ad spread making my silliness clear. 

The fault really is mine. It's not like this is SB Nation. 

30 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

The day or two after we won the Big 8 Tourney was close.  Much like the team in the NCAA Tourney, not much legs to the excitement....

Agreed - I was among the several thousand at Devaney to welcome the boys back home from KC with the trophy in hand.

We had a red-hot team, we had a stellar recruiting class coming in, 4th straight NCAA bid, a sure win this time, there was no stopping us. That feeling of excitement, invincibility, and anticipation was incredible.

Then we played Penn.

This definitely is the most exciting thing to happen to NU hoops in an offseason.

Crazy-good hire. Considering all of the semi-realistic names that have been thrown around for our next coach, Hoiberg's is the best one. To pull in Frost and Hoiberg back to back is as impressive as it gets for Mr. Moos.

Time to schedule Penn for Hoiberg's first game and let him exorcise some of our past demons.

Get your tickets now ... if any are left. 

image.png

Edited by throwback

2 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Let’s not forget Cook & Erstad are pretty easy on the eyes too...

My gate swings a ... different direction than that, actually. But Coach Amy ain't bad. And if Cook ever retires, is there any way they can hire KRob? I mean if looks is among the criteria ...

image.png

2 hours ago, tcp said:

Oh. Well. That's very nice. Good to see someone took the job. 

Edit: Thanks for getting it throwback! Sadly, we have some who manage to think this was remotely serious. So, for the humor-challenged, I'm BEING SILLY/SARCASTIC! 

Double Secret Edit: An no worries with my buddy, the Toupee. We got it all good...:) Enjoy the new ride, everyone!

I was going to go with the sarcastic post and say something like "I'm disappointed. I wanted a defensive-minded coach." But I can't do that after TCP and I'm not sure I could even type that with a straight face. And yes, I am amazed AND ecstatic. 

5 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

The “why didn’t he wait for a better job” narrative is already annoying me. Top 12 attendance, top 12 salary, Nebraska ties, he took the BEST job for him. Can’t wait to shut those people up. 

Don't read the national article comments... There's a lot of "you could never pay me $25M to even live in Nebraska."

1 minute ago, HuskerFever said:

Don't read the national article comments... There's a lot of "you could never pay me $25M to even live in Nebraska."

Yeah just unreal, honestly I think a lot of the talk from the B1G/Big 12 foot print is a ‘oh $hit Nebraska just took things to the next level’ but reading the Ames writer say Hoiberg could wait for something “juicier” was lazy writing, you gotta realize outside of ISU, this is probably the place he is most comfortable.