Fred Hoiberg is N

hhcmatt

Allright, said Fred

Contract signed Saturday, March 30, 2019 with presser set for Tuesday afternoon

fred-hoiberg.jpg

Fred Hoiberg - “First, I want to thank Bill Moos, Chancellor Green and President Bounds for the opportunity to lead the Nebraska men’s basketball program,” Hoiberg said. “I can’t express how excited I am to be back on the sidelines and to be coaching at a university that means a lot to my family and me.

“Lincoln is a special place for our family. I was born in Lincoln, my grandfather Jerry Bush was the head coach at Nebraska, my other grandfather was a long-time professor there, and my parents are proud graduates of the University of Nebraska. Nebraska has always felt like a second home.

“I had the opportunity to coach at Pinnacle Bank Arena with the Bulls, and I have seen first-hand that the facilities are as nice as any in the country. When you couple that with a loyal and passionate fan base, you can see there is great potential for the future of Nebraska basketball.”

Bill Moos - “We are excited to welcome Fred, his wife Carol, and their family to Nebraska. He will be an outstanding representative of the University, and a great leader for our men’s basketball program,” Moos said.

“When you look at him, you see an individual who has had success as a player and a coach,” Moos said. “Fred’s background will sell itself on the recruiting trail, and help us bring in the type of student-athletes needed to compete at the highest level. His style of play not only will be appealing to prospective recruits, but will also provide our great fans an entertaining brand of basketball.”

Ronnie Green -  “Bill Moos has made an exceptional choice to lead Husker basketball into the future. I look forward to welcoming Coach Hoiberg and his family to Nebraska and am excited to see where he takes the program.”

View full article

25 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Allright, said Fred

Multiple sources tweeting that official Hoiberg announcement upcoming by the University

fred-hoiberg.jpg

Multiple sources tweeting this has been agreed upon today with an official announcement  upcoming

View full article

The picture is TOO perfect too... imagining all the assistants he can hire, and I'm already excited by the rumored ones. Imagine Dwayne wade (pictured) as an assistant. Mind blown. 

I live in Bettendorf, Iowa, and was just at Home Depot. A nice couple stopped and asked me if it was a Huskers hat I was wearing. Of course it was. They were excited to share that they’re alumni and have season tickets for football and then we excitedly talked about the Hoiberg hire after days of repeatedly refreshing Twitter. 

It’s nice to run into folks outside of Nebraska and talk hoops.  

1 minute ago, GATA said:

I live in Bettendorf, Iowa, and was just at Home Depot. A nice couple stopped and asked me if it was a Huskers hat I was wearing. Of course it was. They were excited to share that they’re alumni and have season tickets for football and then we excitedly talked about the Hoiberg hire after days of repeatedly refreshing Twitter. 

It’s nice to run into folks outside of Nebraska and talk hoops.  

LOVE IT!! Buddy of mine lives in Muscatine. Huge Husker (fan) fam !!!

Edited by AuroranHusker