Woo Woo here comes the Hype train!

I

16 minutes ago, tcp said:

Naw, you're only a loser for misspelling "loser". :)   But I wish more of us could de-couple this winning obsession from our own egos. I like "winning", too, but I'm not on the floor shooting the ball. There's no personal glory for me, just the fun of cheering for a winning team representing my beloved alma mater in the world. But that's just not our culture, sadly. 

it was to make me a loooooooser, with the 2 oo... nah just can't spell worth a...

1 hour ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Hey,

I'm still bitter that I didn't get Rock'm Sock'm Robots for Christmas when I was A little kid.. 

But I out grew it and learned to live with it.. Some people. just need to let it!

I did, and if it's any consolation to you, Silver, they were only fun for about a-day-and-a-half and then it was like "let's go play 'missile attack' with the yard darts."

30 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I did, and if it's any consolation to you, Silver, they were only fun for about a-day-and-a-half and then it was like "let's go play 'missile attack' with the yard darts."

Once in high school a bunch of us played "catch" in the dark with yard darts.

Also took a boomerang to a football field and threw it in the dark.

I miss being stupid with your buddies.

3 hours ago, 49r said:

I was thinking something like if we could get him to double the down votes as he has posts then he's gotta take a vacation.  What do you say, @hhcmatt?

I'm out.............no fun on the bully board. Some of you guys reactions hurt the business that is this board. Think about that the next time you play board bully

1 hour ago, DOATHLON said:

I'm out.............no fun on the bully board. Some of you guys reactions hurt the business that is this board. Think about that the next time you play board bully

This isn't a bully board.

Differences of opinion are typically respected around here.

There were many on here who supported Coach Miles and many others who thought it was time for him to go, and I think, for the most part, the disagreements were handled respectfully.

You, however, drew fire for wishing the team to lose.  I think that crossed the line with a lot of people.

And then you doubled-down on that position. Multiple times.  And drew a ton of fire.

So, what you lacked in discretion, you made up for in stamina.  A boxer who drops his arm needs to have a strong chin, and I'll give you credit for that.

But this isn't a "bully board"; it's just a board that doesn't suffer fools gladly.

3 hours ago, Swan88 said:

Ha!   

Sold-out auditorium for the entirety of the Vault’s existence.

Conference and National Coach of the Year a few years ago.

Having a record, last year, that’s good-enough for an NCAA appearance by a B1G team for 60+ years in a row (screwed by a Jay Chair).

Going 3-0 against the Big East during the year your Coach is fired.

Going 1-1 against the Big 12 (the loss was to a Final Four team) during the year your Coach is fired.

Being ranked before one of your best players gets hurt—the year your Coach is fired.

Beating several Dance teams, using a drastically-reduced roster, requiring that we use a walk-on extensively.

Never having a scandal.  Bringing in academically-strong players.  Being a good ambassador for the University.

Pulling in a home-run hire after your Coach is fired.

There are many metrics.  

Miles had his faults.  Hoiberg is a massive upgrade.

But there is much to be appreciative for.

Nebraska has won over 70% of home games in the past 6 years at The Vault. And, in the top 3 seasons, Nebraska was 44-7. When it was good, it was really good at PBA. GBR !!!

Can we let let Coach Hoiberg & Frost build a resume HERE before we start sizing them up for a bust in the Hall of Fame? Do we have a Top 10 coaching duo? I sure hope so & I’m absolutely thrilled with both hires. But as of April 1, Scott is 4-8 & Fred is 0-0. Patience my friends, patience.

Edited by Handy Johnson

15 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

This isn't a bully board.

Differences of opinion are typically respected around here.

There were many on here who supported Coach Miles and many others who thought it was time for him to go, and I think, for the most part, the disagreements were handled respectfully.

You, however, drew fire for wishing the team to lose.  I think that crossed the line with a lot of people.

And then you doubled-down on that position. Multiple times.  And drew a ton of fire.

So, what you lacked in discretion, you made up for in stamina.  A boxer who drops his arm needs to have a strong chin, and I'll give you credit for that.

But this isn't a "bully board"; it's just a board that doesn't suffer fools gladly.

This 100%!  Being critical is one thing, but wising for us to fail is another.  Calling people "Miles apologists" when not one person on here will argue that Miles didn't have any flaws or that they think Miles should still be the coach.  I think most on here were in agreement that we didn't want to go the mid-major route again and if we were going to have to do that, we'd rather keep Tim.  That's not an "apologist."  

6 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

This 100%!  Being critical is one thing, but wising for us to fail is another.  Calling people "Miles apologists" when not one person on here will argue that Miles didn't have any flaws or that they think Miles should still be the coach.  I think most on here were in agreement that we didn't want to go the mid-major route again and if we were going to have to do that, we'd rather keep Tim.  That's not an "apologist."  

Absolutely!  Also, that poster who didn't want the team to go to the NIT and called us "NIT fanboys" - seems like going to the NIT had no bearing on getting Hoiberg, as said poster seemed to indicate.