Woo Woo here comes the Hype train!

1 hour ago, Handy Johnson said:

I appreciate your optimism, but top 10? I could rattle off WAY more that without even making much of an effort. I’ll be thrilled if we hire him, but I’m not all wide-eyed and blown away by his resume. He had a nice run at ISU, but he’s no Johnny Orr, Norm Stewart, Billy Tubbs, Jack Hartman etc. Like John Houseman use to say, “ We make our money here the old fashioned way, we EARN it.”

I don’t know much about Nebrasketball history pre the mid 90’s but as an incoming coach he blows Collier/Sadler/Miles out of the water.  And it’s not close. I have no idea if he will end up being the best coach we have ever had as who knows...he may not stay long.

But, considering where Nebraska is at on the totem pole I don’t see how any Nebraska fan would not be wide eyed when looking at his resume. 

16 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

The next coach may, or may not, be the greatest Husker Hoops coach.  But jeez, let him coach at least one game...please.

As of right this second, I think Iba may have been our best coach...and also the least respected.

Imagine how difficult it would be to have the same success as a modern day coach if the NCAA rules of "win your conference" was the only way to get into the tournament...

5 hours ago, tcp said:

another reason why people should only listen to music on radio. 

I still can't figure out how talk radio became cool again. And I hope I never do. 

Spot on.  And no he would not be the greatest Nebraska coach when he steps on campus.  IF he is the next coach, I think he has a chance to become the greatest.

4 hours ago, HoiBall said:

He would be the best coach we've ever had. When have we ever had a coach who at the LEAST is a top 20 college coach and in my opinion a top 10 college coach.

How are you related to Fred?  About time someone asks.

He could be the best we've ever had, he is NOT the minute he gets hired.  Could he be, absolutely.

4 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

That’s all I’m sayin, let’s pump the brakes. Past success guarantees nothing. Remember when Bill Callahan coached in the Super Bowl? Peleni was the DC for National Champion LSU? Danny Nee was far from wildly accomplished but took us to 5 NCAA tournaments & an NIT Title in 8 years.

Danny had been the top assistant to Digger Phelps, had four 20 win seasons in six years at Ohio with an NCAA Tournament win, and was the third best coach that tried to get the Nebraska job that year (behind Huggins and Montgomery).

40 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

Danny had been the top assistant to Digger Phelps, had four 20 win seasons in six years at Ohio with an NCAA Tournament win, and was the third best coach that tried to get the Nebraska job that year (behind Huggins and Montgomery).

That’s all very true, I wasn’t trying to write him off as chopped liver. Was merely pointing out that falling in love with someone’s resume ultimately doesn’t amount to a hill of beans either way. How many football fans assume Frost’s tenure here will mirror his time at UCF? Too many...