Woo Woo here comes the Hype train!

It’s now being debated on the radio if Fred Hoiberg, when he steps on Campus will be the greatest Nebraska Basketball Coach ever. Let’s overlook the fact his record would be 0-0 & people like Cipriano & Nee coached here nearly 15 years each. It reminds me of last summer when people wondered if LeBron James was the greatest Laker ever...

1 minute ago, Handy Johnson said:

It’s now being debated on the radio if Fred Hoiberg, when he steps on Campus will be the greatest Nebraska Basketball Coach ever. Let’s overlook the fact his record would be 0-0 & people like Cipriano & Nee coached here nearly 15 years each. It reminds me of last summer when people wondered if LeBron James was the greatest Laker ever...

That would be #44 Jerry West, the Logo!  In my mind anyway.

5 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Iba/Nee/Collier/Sadler/Miles

its a fair question

15 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Iba/Nee/Collier/Sadler/Miles

its a fair question

No, it’s a funny question. Having the best resume, which Fred arguably would doesn’t equate to anything. The list of big name Coaches who are monumental flops in a new position is too lengthy to mention.

Edited by Handy Johnson

Just now, Handy Johnson said:

No, it’s a funny question. Having the best resume, which Fred arguably would doesn’t equate to anything. The list of big name Coaches who are monumental flops in a new positions is too lengthy to mention.

There are flops.  There are also successes

And it doesn’t take much on one to be the best we’ve had 

1 minute ago, noahjb24 said:

I dont think that you can say hes the best coach we've had ever until thats proven, but i think you can say this is the biggest thing to happen in Nebrasketball history.

This.  A hire of this magnitude simply doesn't happen to Nebrasketball.  EVER.  

Just now, noahjb24 said:

I dont think that you can say hes the best coach we've had ever until thats proven, but i think you can say this is the biggest thing to happen in Nebrasketball history.

He would be the best coach we've ever had. When have we ever had a coach who at the LEAST is a top 20 college coach and in my opinion a top 10 college coach.

18 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

He would be the best coach we've ever had. When have we ever had a coach who at the LEAST is a top 20 college coach and in my opinion a top 10 college coach.

I'm pretty sure everybody on this board is saying he'd be the best coach we've ever hired. But like most investment bankers know, past performance is no guarantee of future results.

Regardless, excited to see what he can do.

36 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

I appreciate your optimism, but top 10? I could rattle off WAY more that without even making much of an effort. I’ll be thrilled if we hire him, but I’m not all wide-eyed and blown away by his resume. He had a nice run at ISU, but he’s no Johnny Orr, Norm Stewart, Billy Tubbs, Jack Hartman etc. Like John Houseman use to say, “ We make our money here the old fashioned way, we EARN it.”

1 hour ago, Handy Johnson said:

You think that's hype, Handy.... Wait til you see the white smoke billowing from PBA once the new coach is anointed. 
image.png

11 minutes ago, HuskerCager said:

You think that's hype, Handy.... Wait til you see the white smoke billowing from PBA once the new coach is anointed. 
image.png

Like when the Cardinals elect a Pope, are you suggesting?  (Sorry, I'm Protestant, or at least non-Catholic, so never paid too close of attention to the process)

1 minute ago, mwm89 said:

Like when the Cardinals elect a Pope, are you suggesting?  (Sorry, I'm Protestant, or at least non-Catholic, so never paid too close of attention to the process)

It means that we'll likely see Miles standing outside of the PBA to see who the new coach is, since he is always in fear of retribution. :lol: